Side Stacking Poll for the next run of DDZE

GrizzoMtGPQ
GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
What side would you like to see everyone play for the next run?

Side Stacking Poll for the next run of DDZE 54 votes

Nissa
57%
madwrensjechuaGun BunnyDragonSorcererJames13GrizzoMtGPQStormcrowAzerackJopeX37MachinerafaleleMtgPQProTilwin90SarahschmaraGunmix25ManiiNamesarevalatimthesThuranFroggy 31 votes
Eldrazi
16%
TherosTyrannicideFindingHeart8ThéséewereotterIM_CARLOSBilKronulBoogeyman 9 votes
Neither, this is cheating!
5%
AmoXJSWiLDRAGE_Daromax_ 3 votes
No opinion
12%
bk1234khurramoctal9TremayneLaeuftbeidirBuizelBrakkis 7 votes
I’ll just jump in at the last minute on whatever side is winning
7%
babar3355TomBUweTellkampfStalker 4 votes

Comments

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Eldrazi
    I'm voting moreso for myself.  I see no reason to buy the Eldrazi planeswalker except for collectors value, but it's fun to play with access to all colors like Karn.  As I play Nissa already outside of this event.  This is probably the only time I'll play the Eldrazi planeswalker, so why not choose it every time ;)

Kinda wish they'd made the Eldrazi have access to no colors though except colorless and devoid spells (forcing it to play Eldrazi and artifact).  But then give it a +1 to all mana to compensate for the restrictions.
  • sjechua
    sjechua Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Nissa
    Would like to color master Mana Confluence this side of Christmas please...
  • arevala
    arevala Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Nissa
    I knew this would happen ^^'
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Nissa
    Wait. Didn’t TED win?
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    No opinion
    I like that the stacking attempt that favored nissa didn't work out. Not because I wanted those players to lose (I also picked nissa), but because I hoped attempts to stack won't influence the outcome too much.
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Nissa
    I vote nissa, because even if we lose, you get better rewards than the exclusive mythics :)
  • JopeX37
    JopeX37 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Nissa
    I'll keeep playing Nissa until she wins. I think Mana Confluence is a bad card but I still want it.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nissa
    JopeX37 said:
    I'll keeep playing Nissa until she wins. I think Mana Confluence is a bad card but I still want it.
    That's basically my thought process too.  And if she keeps losing, I'm still missing the better Zendikar Rares
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eldrazi
    I'll likely be playing Eldrazi every run of the event. I find Nissa more entertaining to play as, but I purchased all the Zendikar rares during the beta run of the event, I've been hoping to play as Eldrazi and lose so I can get more of those cards.
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Nissa
    Honestly, what I'd rather see is a choice of either Mythic when one side wins as opposed to JUST Nissa's (which I don't have yet, so yeah, voting with bias  ;) ) or JUST Eldrazi's (Eldrazis'?).

• James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    Nissa
    Nissa.  I'd like to get the exclusive eventually.  Afterwards I won't care.

She's severely disadvantaged in this matchup, though.  Especially with the objectives.
  • Mburn7
    Nissa
    James13 said:

She's severely disadvantaged in this matchup, though.  Especially with the objectives.
    I find it funny that everyone says Nissa is at a disadvantage.  I find her to be much more consistently explosive than the Eldrazi (although when I can make my own decks they are much more even).

And seriously, ignore the objectives.  Get them once and then go nuts.  Its much more fun that way
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Nissa
    If you build her with 11+ common/uncommons vs TED with access to things such as Eldest Reborn, In Bolas' Clutches, and numerous other non-green great expensive uncommons it's really no contest whatsoever.

Also, Plague wind and Authority of Consuls completely wrecks her.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nissa
    Mburn7 said:
    James13 said:

I find it funny that everyone says Nissa is at a disadvantage.  I find her to be much more consistently explosive than the Eldrazi (although when I can make my own decks they are much more even).

And seriously, ignore the objectives.  Get them once and then go nuts.  Its much more fun that way

Following Objectives, she struggles against the more prepared Eldrazi.

After Objectives … The road to perdition is paved with the bodies of brutally murdered Eldrazi .

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eldrazi
    Gunmix25 said:
    Mburn7 said:
    James13 said:

Following Objectives, she struggles against the more prepared Eldrazi.

After Objectives … The road to perdition is paved with the bodies of brutally murdered Eldrazi .

Really? I felt the opposite.  Her objectives were easy for me to make, while the Eldrazi I had to play several times over to finally hit the mark.

Additionally, her constructed deck seems more aggressive than the Eldrazi's, especially with the Eldrazi using all these devoid-enabling cards but then not really having anything that significantly profits off of it.  

With custom decks, post-objectives, she can ramp as crazy as Kiora with the right build, but still falls short of the turn 1 kill I can pull off with Eldrazi and my jank card stash.

Though the 1 time I played Nissa (first time of the event, and only time Nissa has won yet), I noticed a lot of Eldrazi players running not much beyond the basic cards given.  It might be more difficult for new players to get some of the old legacy Eldrazi cards, which would mean smooth sailing for a Nissa deck climbing to the top.

If that's the case, and if luck allows...I'll happily play the roll of your Nissa's final boss ;)

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nissa
    Getting the 20 tokens with Eldrazi was an annoying pain, had to play quite a few times for that, the number is too high for the amount of ways TED has to do that. With Nissa it's simple. TED needs something more Drazielish like Process 3 gems which requires two steps but both fit in with him.
  • Mburn7
    Nissa
    Kinesia said:
    Getting the 20 tokens with Eldrazi was an annoying pain, had to play quite a few times for that, the number is too high for the amount of ways TED has to do that. With Nissa it's simple. TED needs something more Drazielish like Process 3 gems which requires two steps but both fit in with him.
    I usually get it when I get lucky and draw a copy or 2 of that "create 5 eldrazi scions" spell.  That makes 20 pretty trivial.

But any of those long stall objectives are annoying.  I do prefer this over some of the alternatives, though.