Facing the same side in Duel Decks freezes the game

Brakkis
Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
This was reported during both beta runs and the event still went live with this issue being present.

Occasionally, your opponent during both PvP phases will be of the same faction as you. If this occurs, the game will freeze when the match starts. The screen will go black and you can open the pause menu but cant quit the match. You have to close the game. This uses a charge (you know, the ones you jacked the refresh time up to absurd lengths on).

There is no way to avoid this. You cant back out and hope for a correct opponent. If it happens, you have to start the match, close the game, and lose the charge. 1 of the 8 total we get.

It's even better when it happens to you multiple times...

Comments

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is my biggest complaint with things not being delayed for at least  a week longer after the beta ended.

I understand there was an emergency and it needed to be pushed out just so there was _something_ but even running the event with the broken scoring would've been better than this one that lessened playtime.

This was well known and reported and breaks the event with the hugely restricted number of charges on the final node.

Oktagon need less pressure from D3Go and Wizards for releases, more time for testing and fixing. The Beta was a huge step forward longterm but if they are put under pressure from management to release things before they are fixed then _any_ testing of anything is pointless.

We've long said that (grudgingly) we'll put up with delays if it's fixing things.
    2.9 was expected to be the stability release prior to Ravnica and the Beta done separately in a different client.
    It seems very much like things were:

plan A : Release Ravnica
    Oh no there's a huge disaster!
    plan B : Release Duel Decks! 
    Oh no there's a huge disaster!
    plan... Oh wait, we're out of plans!
    Ok, Plan B it is since it's actually IMPOSSIBLE for us to do anything else without a new build!

There need to be fallback plans in place so that any event can be pulled and replaced with _any_ other event on the fly. And buggy cards need to a system like, "Standard" "Legacy" "Broken" where they can be put in Broken and not be legal anywhere until fixed (Only the gamebreaking bugs). All the contingency plans need to be set up so the support people working on the weekend can enact these things and keep stuff rolling without it being a huge deal and bringing extra people in to work on weekend.
    There should be a list of all working events and all broken events and a priority list of which working ones are better to push out that is adjusted during the week when people _are_ there.

Soooo many layers of extra backup plans need setting up.

And I can see some of this is in motion in the background, but it's SO frustrating to see people being forced to keep doing things the old broken ways when the new ways are already on the agenda.

• Waingro
    Waingro Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    i have a screenshot as proof of this bug.

Immediately after screen freeze, no prize for loss but it steals my charge so the event is basically worthless

• Mrninjaxl
    Mrninjaxl Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2018
    was it both sides or just nissa?

I submitted a ticket for this as well...and it happened during the beta.. I left feedback flew this glitch then too
  • EvilDead
    EvilDead Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Seriously, go back to Alpha. Couldn't play a single match in the final phase. Never should have made it out of Alpha. Beta content = lazy developers........not ready for player testing
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    3 of 8 crashes. Well, in beta status this event runs smoother. 
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    EvilDead said:
    Seriously, go back to Alpha. Couldn't play a single match in the final phase. Never should have made it out of Alpha. Beta content = lazy developers........not ready for player testing

Please stop blaming the developers. Time pressure to push things out when they aren't ready is ALWAYS from Management NEVER developers, no developer ever ever wants to do this.
  • EvilDead
    EvilDead Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Kinesia said:
    EvilDead said:

Please stop blaming the developers. Time pressure to push things out when they aren't ready is ALWAYS from Management NEVER developers, no developer ever ever wants to do this.
    Maybe so. But not any dev team I've managed including the one I have now. If it ain't ready, it ain't ready. No management team wants to release broken code especially if it affects the customer in a negative manner. Since it ain't ready, I blame the development team. The management team is welcome to come on here and blame themselves if they choose to do so. But 2.9 and Duel Decks were not ready for live period......
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Kinesia said:
    EvilDead said:

Your assuming that there is pressure from D3 and/or Wizards in this situation. We've seen no evidence of that being the case. I understand wanting to defend Oktagon but at some point, it's just not feasible. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    This crash happens occasionally when it isn't two of the same walker, but it happens every single time if they are both the same.  I am appalled that they would release a beta event without fixing the only major bug that was present in the beta run.