Fiery Demise causes damage when opponent creates treasures?

I'm firghting against an opponent playing Angrath, the Flame-chained and he created a "Fiery Demise" support. Now every time my Captain Lannery Storm creates a treasure I take 6 damage. It triggers when any of my cards are destroyed (like it's supposed to) but it is also happening when treasures are created. 

Comments

• arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Oh dear, that sounds like problem.

I don't have Lannery so I cannot test, but next time you see this case, could you perhaps help us by checking the log? There is one situation in Across Ixalan in which case the nodes have a secret spell cast as part of the nodes' challenges, and these secret spells also trigger Angrath's ultimate (I would know; he's my best buddy for Across Ixalan's 3rd node). What I mean is that although there is no card added to your hand, the game gives you a free spell which it then casts immediately at the start of the turn, and then this spell goes to graveyard after resolution, triggering Angie's Fiery Demise.

If in your case Lannery shows such a secret spell, then perhaps that is indeed the problem which devs need to look at.