Annoying MMR in PVP

Options
I'm a fairly new player, day 20-something, and quite enjoying MPQ. Got a solid 1* roster and working on my 2* (3/3/4 Thor, 3/1/1 MHawkeye, couple 1 and 2 covers). I've been trying to PVP for the 300 and 600 progression rewards.

On Heavy Metal and other earlier events, I've noticed that riiiiight as I approach the 600 point award, my MMR seems to shoot up. Without fail, as I'm passing around the 550 mark, I get hammered by other players AND I go from facing reasonable lvl 20-50 1* and 2* teams to maxed out 2* and 3* teams. Do the devs actually not want me to grab that 600 point reward THAT badly, or am I timing something wrong?

PS Where's my Daken? Managed to get 86th in my bracket!

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    stavro510 wrote:
    I'm a fairly new player, day 20-something, and quite enjoying MPQ. Got a solid 1* roster and working on my 2* (3/3/4 Thor, 3/1/1 MHawkeye, couple 1 and 2 covers). I've been trying to PVP for the 300 and 600 progression rewards.

On Heavy Metal and other earlier events, I've noticed that riiiiight as I approach the 600 point award, my MMR seems to shoot up. Without fail, as I'm passing around the 550 mark, I get hammered by other players AND I go from facing reasonable lvl 20-50 1* and 2* teams to maxed out 2* and 3* teams. Do the devs actually not want me to grab that 600 point reward THAT badly, or am I timing something wrong?

PS Where's my Daken? Managed to get 86th in my bracket!

I think you are doing quite fine for your roster. I'm not sure what the devs expect at this point but if you are coming close to the 600 progression with mainly 1* and a half covered Thor I think you are doing quite well. Look to build Thor more and keep an eye out for 2* black widow, ares, storm and magneto. Between that group level a couple to max, especially black widow, and it will all come to you in time.

Very potent combos are black widow with ares or Thor and storm with magneto.