Q&A w/ Oktagon - September Edition (10/9/18)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Since the team has been busy working on the Duel Decks event, the September Q&A will more on the lighter side. Please take a look at some of their answers below:
==========
How are you planning on dealing with the ever increasing number of reprinted cards as it relates to the legality of those cards in this game?
For now, we plan to simply not add them to the collections. We are aware, however, that long-term that is not a solution. Therefore, we are studying some possibilities on how to handle that.

Is there a plan to introduce pity timers to help players who are statistically the unluckiest for card drop rates?
This is included in the quality of life changes that we are looking into, although we can't specify when it will be added.

How do you plan on communicating with the player base more, beyond just the monthly Q&A?
Alongside every new release, we will continue to release blog posts explaining and describing some of the mechanics and features of that release.
==========
In addition to Oktagon's replies, I'd also like to answer some of the questions they unfortunately did not have time to address.

Are there any plans to improve the new player experience, and what do you feel is the biggest deterrent to new players that stops them from continuing to play this game?
Magic: the Gathering is a robust game with enrapturing characteristics, and we work hard to maintain that flavor and feel within MtGPQ. In doing so though, that also means we transfer over the complexities the tabletop game also has. One of our biggest new-player challenges is being able to coherently and efficiently explain how the game works to someone that has never played Magic: the Gathering before.

To that end, we definitely have some plans we want to try and implement, both in-game and out, to make the First-Time User Experience a much easier and fluid process. For example, I personally am working on a New Player Guide that will live within our Helpshift FAQ page, covering everything from the basics of Menu Navigation to Deck-Building. I hope to complete this guide in the near future, and as always, we welcome your feedback!

With the holidays approaching, are there plans to have holiday events and/or special holiday cards?
What's a holiday without celebration right? I wonder what the next major holiday is? ;)

Thanks for checking out the September Edition of the Q&A w/ Oktagon. If you have questions you'd like to ask them for the October Edition, then please submit them HERE.
This discussion has been closed.