Q&A w/ Oktagon - September Edition (10/9/18)

2»

Comments

• GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    I'm pretty sure that the development team is not allowed anywhere near the forums and are likely specifically barred from posting here. 
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    bken1234 said:
    But there's a whole subforum for suggestions and feedback!

bken1234 said:
    Yes there is a subforum, that's been ignored. But ignoring feedback and questions in general board is a major fault, especially in an monthly QNA-round.

Maybe 'chitchat with the devs' IS the right title for that. 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    IM_CARLOS said:
    bken1234 said:

bken1234 said:
    Yes there is a subforum, that's been ignored. But ignoring feedback and questions in general board is a major fault, especially in an monthly QNA-round.

Maybe 'chitchat with the devs' IS the right title for that. 
    Ignored by who? 

I would argue the players. Brigby reads all of the subforums — and I would guess in the devs are looking for things like bugs or feedback they would go to the subforum category they corresponds. It’s us who have made the choice not to put the things we want them to see in the places they are most likely to look. 
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    I'm pretty sure that the development team is not allowed anywhere near the forums and are likely specifically barred from posting here. 
    In another thread, just recently, Brigby specifically states they are totally ALLOWED to look and post on the forums, actually (although initially I was wondering this, too) but most are too busy to look at the forums in lieu of the work getting done.

Funny thing about that Booster Crafting thing is that even though it was way early, players like me were actually able to start (or decide to start) hoarding their duplicates instead of change them for runes and the patience paid off when it finally showed up because I was able to craft at least two different Mythics and a couple rares.

This, as stated before, is the "good" reason to state things ahead, because we can at least start to plan and if things go awry, well, we've at least got something else to do with whatever we've saved up for.

Agreed that it sounds repetitive to say, "We're working on this now, more details later" but... well.. we like SOME info more than NO info...  :smile:

• IM_CARLOS
    Booster crafting wasn't announced that early. But it takes way long to become reality. Lucky thing for patient player, but way ahead from normal communication at this game. 

I anticipate an exchange programm like this and didn't ru(i)ned my dupes way before announcement. So I started with 200k runes and completed a lot of sets. But that's wat you have to do in this game. 

Same for jewels: why buying legacy Elite-Pack for the same amount of jewels, if masterpiece become somehow cheaper in the future? I  just buy standard-packs for now and will hoard jewels after until crafting for mp is possible or legacy packs become cheaper. I can even purchase them later for today price. 
  • bk1234
    IM_CARLOS said:
    Booster crafting wasn't announced that early. But it takes way long to become reality. Lucky thing for patient player, but way ahead from normal communication at this game. 

I anticipate an exchange programm like this and didn't ru(i)ned my dupes way before announcement. So I started with 200k runes and completed a lot of sets. But that's wat you have to do in this game. 

Same for jewels: why buying legacy Elite-Pack for the same amount of jewels, if masterpiece become somehow cheaper in the future? I  just buy standard-packs for now and will hoard jewels after until crafting for mp is possible or legacy packs become cheaper. I can even purchase them later for today price. 
    Booster crafting was first announced almost a year before we finally got it. I think that’s pretty early. 
  • Houdin
    Houdin Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    I think my biggest issue with the monthly Q&A is the disclaimer
    " we will look at all the questions asked and choose the ones that are asked the most to answer"

In theory if you take that statement at face value then super awesome!

We as a player base would get answers to our most sought after questions.

However, in practice not even once has this actually been the reality.

I check every month to see what questions have been asked the most.

The answer thread is posted and I am ready to hear the answers to those questions.

Can you guess what I never get?

Thats correct. I never get those answers.

Instead I see some random answer to an add on question by possibly one person at most from the question thread that really has no bearing whatsoever on what has really been asked by the community as a whole.

It's like the script from  a politicians speech when a reporter asks a question and they just continue talking about something else completely.

"pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"

it's really disheartening to say the least.
  • IM_CARLOS
    bken1234 said:
    IM_CARLOS said:

Booster crafting was first announced almost a year before we finally got it. I think that’s pretty early. 
    But not intended that early. Only implementation takes way longer. And it around 7-8 month before go life. After AKH release. Go life was end of 2017.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @Houdin So when it comes to whether we are following that statement exactly, I'd say both Yes and No.

When I compile the questions for Oktagon to review, I go through each comment one by one and add any unique questions onto the list. Once I start seeing repeat questions, I'll create a tally next to each of those questions. By the end of this process, I have a list of the most frequently asked questions.

What I've noticed though is that a lot of the most frequently questions....aren't new. Most of the time they've already been answered in a past Q&A Session, and what players are really asking is "Do you have an update on this topic since last month?" If you don't see it listed in the following Q&A Session, then the likely answer is "No. I'm afraid we don't have an update yet."

Which brings up the question: If we have no update to provide, would players rather we say "Sorry. We have no updates as of yet" repeatedly when it's asked, or would you all prefer we bring that topic up again when we do actually have an update?
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

Which brings up the question: If we have no update to provide, would players rather we say "Sorry. We have no updates as of yet" repeatedly when it's asked, or would you all prefer we bring that topic up again when we do actually have an update?
    I certainly don't speak for everyone, but I would say yes.

It is nice to know that our questions are being heard, even if there isn't an answer yet.  Also, if there is not update, maybe a reason why would be nice too?  Something like "sorry we don't have any updates on this because we have been prioritizing working on X, Y, and Z instead" would be perfect
  • bk1234
    Brigby said:

When I compile the questions for Oktagon to review, I go through each comment one by one and add any unique questions onto the list. Once I start seeing repeat questions, I'll create a tally next to each of those questions. By the end of this process, I have a list of the most frequently asked questions.

I don't love this method of choosing questions -- my reasoning is, sometimes players go out of their way to make sure they aren't repeating already covered questions -- instead bringing new and interesting community concerns to the table. I would much prefer that the numbers of "likes" and "insightfuls" weighed more heavily than repetition. Or even compile a list of questions and let us vote!! I know this would slow down the process slightly, but it would ensure that the things that matter to us or are interesting are getting addressed. 

Brigby said:

I'm in the "yes" camp on this. The simple regular reminders that frequent concerns are on the radar seems to be appreciated by the community.

While we are on the topic of best addressing concerns and feedback -- I'd also like to see more regular in-game surveys and more attempts at using the Inbox feature to direct players to become part of this community. Such a small niche of players is represented here. I would love to see how the rest of the MtGPQ universe reacts and engages. 
  • NinjaE
    NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    An answer of "no update yet" is MUCH better than silence.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree with bkens statement. I won't repeat questions that have been asked already, but instead add a like or insightful to support it.

And yes to your question. No news are news indeed, because it means the topic remains relevant and has been heard, thus ensuring us we aren't being ignored!
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby I say compile your list then let us vote!
  • IM_CARLOS
    @Brigby: I don't know how many hour do you work a week for this job (hop you get payed well :) but I think in month full-time job it's possible to answer way more questions than before.

Many answers will sounds like: 'nice point, we have think about it' or 'same like last month, we have plans for the future'. But better than no answer. No answer is ignoring customers feedback. Not a good choice for any business. 

You have to invest money to earn money, and I think there are lot of creative questions about gameplay around in forum that will bring this game to another level. 

So, best starting with better communication. Even bad news are worth more money, if communocated. 

I would pay a little every month for better communication.