October Q&A Session - Question Submission (10/9/18)

Options
2»

Comments

• Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Some questions on the Duel Decks and Beta to Live:
    1. Are you considering more "Beta" events in the future based on your experiences with this one?
    2. Why the dramatic change in secondary objectives and recharge times for both "sides".
    3. Would you ever consider changing "The Eldrazi" PW's abilities to be more in theme or via suggestions by the players?
    4. Why the change in cost for the Rare and Mythic cards when they are only usable in Legacy games?
    5. What WAS your experience with the attempt at running a Beta? Would/will you change anything about how you ran it if you were to do this, again, in the future?

or if it's quicker for me to go to Google Translate for Oktagon...

Algumas perguntas no Duel Decks e Beta to Live:
    1. Você está considerando mais eventos "Beta" no futuro com base em suas experiências com este?
    2. Por que a mudança dramática em objetivos secundários e tempos de recarga para ambos os "lados".
    3. Você consideraria mudar as habilidades do "The Eldrazi" PW para ter mais temas ou sugestões dos jogadores?
    4. Por que a mudança no custo das cartas raras e míticas quando elas são utilizáveis ​​apenas em jogos Legacy?
    5. Qual foi sua experiência com a tentativa de executar uma versão beta? Você mudaria alguma coisa sobre como você o executaria se você fizesse isso novamente no futuro?
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For a change I'll focus on something different - you haven't answered my question regarding the bugs, but I've been stunned how ambitious you've been to implement new ones!

Now without salt :

Would you mind speak a bit more about the duel decks?
    How did the decision process look like to come up with the theme? And did you consider making it set restricted? Plus.. We feel like our feedback from the beta got ignored. Any words on that?
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1) Any chance we might see hotfixes in the future for blocking/critical bugs instead of having to wait for the next version release?
    2) Any chance you might consider a more permanent REAL beta version of the game that does not actually happen into the production environment?
    3) Have you considered setting up a system of comprehensive rules, both internal (for the development/QA team) and external (available to the players) to promote consistency in card design and better understanding of the various game mechanics and specific ability? (maybe inspired from the comprehensive rules of Paper Magic)
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1) how many money is invested in communications? Or easier: how man hours per month. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Thanks for submitting questions everyone! We'll begin compiling them together for Oktagon's review.
This discussion has been closed.