No coalition event scheduled for this weekend?

Options
Bil
Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
  @Brigby According to the sneak peek, it looks like there is no coalition event scheduled this weekend ... Is it intented?
  And if it is ... Is there any reason we should be aware of?

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Bil said:
      Brigby According to the sneak peek, it looks like there is no coalition event scheduled this weekend ... Is it intented?
    This weekend will be the first public run of the Duel Decks event! You can see the details for it in the Sneak Peek.
  • tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sigh. And then another Legacy HoD Bolas? Can we get a standard coalition event again please?
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Bil said: 
      Brigby According to the sneak peek, it looks like there is no coalition event scheduled this weekend ... Is it intented?
    This weekend will be the first public run of the Duel Decks event! You can see the details for it in the Sneak Peek.
    Yeah, but this is not a coalition event. And frankly it does not take as much time.

Can you pass along to devs that whoever is scheduling the events is doing a very poor job? For reference, see the lack of M19 content thread.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While I get that running a coalition event while a beta event is also active to provide something for those not in the beta to do.  

One thing that I saw constantly is the complaint about running concurrent events on the weekend.  Since the new duel event is available for everyone,  I think it is good that the focus is on the new event rather than two at once.  This will be especially so if they choose to use the faster version... in that case you'll be glad nothing else is on the schedule. 

• ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It would be nice to see newer events like The Dragon Wars come back...
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bring bring on the Dragon War this weekend. We can handle two things especially since there’s no grind in DDZE.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @Brigby the 2 betas ran with very different parameters— mostly recognizable in Phase time, rewards and recharge times in the 2nd and 3rd phase. They also had different objectives. Can we please have more info on what these will be this time?

If it’s going to be closer to the second run of the beta; would it be possible to slip an individual event in this weekend?

The beta as it was run last weekend (the second run) did not give me any incentive to log into the game. I only played it when I logged in for RotGP. 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Bil said:
    So no reason.
    Duel decks is great, but it's totally low pressure since there are no progression rewards after the first few matches. Another low pressure event like AWR could have been a good pairing!
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    While I get that running a coalition event while a beta event is also active to provide something for those not in the beta to do.  

One thing that I saw constantly is the complaint about running concurrent events on the weekend.  Since the new duel event is available for everyone,  I think it is good that the focus is on the new event rather than two at once.  This will be especially so if they choose to use the faster version... in that case you'll be glad nothing else is on the schedule. 

I fully agree with this. I'm one of the advocates of not having the Duel Decks event run simultaneously with another coalition event. It puts too much pressure on a big part of the player community. For the players that still want some event to play, they could run an optional event.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    bken1234 said:

If it’s going to be closer to the second run of the beta; would it be possible to slip an individual event in this weekend?
    I can accept this. The AWR option doesnt seem bad either. (Assuming 2nd run of beta)

But really it depends on which iteration they run or if they create a new combined version. 

I am also okay with just the duek decks running.