Primal Wellspring // Primal Amulet

Options
The flipped side of Primal Amulet, Primal Wellspring, doesn't really function correctly at all.

Used in a mono-white Elspeth deck to combo using Approach of the Second Sun.
Flipped the amulet to Primal Wellspring and it was consistently doing these actions

- Turning 2 gems to Green or Red. It might have done Blue or Black on occasion, but it was never any White gems.
- Returning the spell to my hand with 0 mana. Anytime I played a spell costing more than 9 it bounced it back to my hand as expected, then showed +6 (maybe 5?) going into my hand, showed the spell half charged, then dumped all of the mana on the spell to 0.

This happened a dozen or so times before I realized it was 100% bugged. I double checked Approach wording and Primal Wellspring.

This was Nicol Bolas in Return of the God-Pharaoh.
It may be bugged only against him, I did not continue to test it afterwards, considering it was somewhat pointless. The spells were never landing in my graveyard so they did not ramp off themselves while it was out.

Comments

• Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It has never worked properly. 
    I wrote a ticket and a bug report a couple of months back but it was never acknowledged then and I just gave up on it.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is interesting. I had problems with this too, the main thing I'd noticed was that, for me, it NEVER brought Approach back to my hand.

But I realised I was also using the Goggles, so sometimes maybe it had 0 cost? It was very confusing though.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    This is interesting. I had problems with this too, the main thing I'd noticed was that, for me, it NEVER brought Approach back to my hand.

But I realised I was also using the Goggles, so sometimes maybe it had 0 cost? It was very confusing though.
    Doesnt work with things that reduce costs like omniscience and i believe googles
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    +1 confirmed to original posters account of this bug
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Every single card that converts gems to "your planeswalker's colors" has been bugged since Ixalan came out (they convert to your opponent's colors instead).
    This includes the second node of Across Ixalan.

Most of them have been fixed by now, but since it appears to happen on a case-by-case basis they must have missed one.

I also found Amulet//Wellspring to not work properly, but I didn't like it much anyway so I never really bothered testing it out