NY Times article on Carol

Yepyep
Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
edited October 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey, I thought this was pretty cool! I didn't see another post about it but sorry if I am accidentally doubling up on another's post.

Also, I'm not sure if we're forbidden from posting links. I'm not trying to break any rules, so please just remove the link if it's improper...

Cheers, y'all

correct link: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/02/arts/captain-marvel-new-comic-series.html

**Mod note: OP was edited to provide correct link to the Captain Marvel article. Added spoiler tag to the Banksy article to avoid confusion. - fight4thedream

Tagged:

Comments

• Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    This doesn't appear to be related to Carol.
  • zeroswitch
    zeroswitch Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    I like Banksy, but yeah, this has nothing to do with Carol (or MPQ, or even Marvel).    Did you copy the right link? 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    The news is about Captain Marvel getting a new comic book series in January next year before her movie release in March. So, it seems like they are promoting her, and maybe female superheroes, big time. 

What does it has to do with MPQ then?
  • Yepyep
    The Banksy article is pretty cool, too -- just decidedly off-topic...
  • Yepyep
    The news is about Captain Marvel getting a new comic book series in January next year before her movie release in March. So, it seems like they are promoting her, and maybe female superheroes, big time. 

Nothing, I guess. I just thought it was fun... And now I've posted several times in a row. I need the gun-head emoji... No offense intended, y'all.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for posting the article Yepyep. Carol has come a long way since her creation as a trademark placeholder. A bit like the MPQ version it also took her a while to get to be awesome (sorry 2 & 3* Carol).
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards

Who is reporting this? What is report worthy about it?

This is general discussion on a forum with a marvel license. Plenty of conversations are had around movies comics and TV series. That's what it has to do with mpq.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    **inappropriate comment removed**

With her comic release and more focus on female superheroes, we'll be expecting more female superheroes and special events in January or late December. Maybe free 4* Carol cover.  :)

**Mod Note: Inappropriate comment removed. Warning issued.- fight4thedream