A solution to bad end times for PvP and PvE

A lot of us just aren't able to play late in the events and that's when the most action happens. For PvP you can shield, but for PvE...well, let's just say that you can be rank 1 when you go to sleep and when you wake up the event is over and you dropped 200 spots on the ranking list. Yeah, it's that tough.

So this just HAS to be remedied in some way. I suggested individual timers before but I realize it might require a lot of programming, so here's another and probably better suggestion:

You see the event screen, and click on the event you wish to start playing. You are then presented with four identical events which each lasts two days and has the same rewards. The only difference between them is that they each start and end at four different times during the day and you can only choose one of them, so you will get two days to play the event that fits your schedule best. Like this:

Event A starts and ends at 08.00.
Event B starts and ends at 14.00.
Event C starts and ends at 20.00.
Event D starts and ends at 02.00.

Those times are the GMT 0 times. For me, who lives in GMT +1, it would be 09.00, 15.00, 21.00 and 03.00. Since the events are six hours apart everyone should be able to find at least one event with a decent end time.

It doesn't have to be these actual times, but you get the idea. I think this will also be much easier on the server.

Comments

• After failing in the last heroic oscorp, I say this should be implemented icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • For me as an European player, it would be best if they shift the current times by +2-3h each... so instead of 6.00am it becomes 8-9am (so I could perhaps wake up a bit earlier and play before going to work), and 8-9pm, so that people who work until e.g. 6pm, can actually stil play 1-2h before ends...
    This 2-3h shift should also still be fine for US players... dont know how big the asian and other userbase is, but currenly Europe is really bad whatever it is.

And please let main events end on Sunday evening EU time instead of Monday morning!
  • I think a great solution would be to have an "event window" which is longer than the actual length of the event by 24 hours. As players enter events they are placed into brackets that end 60 hours from first entry, or the end of the event window if it is a very late entry.

That way everyone could set their own end times by the bracket they join.
  • UnityLover wrote:
    For me as an European player, it would be best if they shift the current times by +2-3h each... so instead of 6.00am it becomes 8-9am (so I could perhaps wake up a bit earlier and play before going to work), and 8-9pm, so that people who work until e.g. 6pm, can actually stil play 1-2h before ends...
    This 2-3h shift should also still be fine for US players... dont know how big the asian and other userbase is, but currenly Europe is really bad whatever it is.

And please let main events end on Sunday evening EU time instead of Monday morning!

Just adjusting the times 2-3 hours forward would mean that other players get bad end times. There's always someone that would be at a disadvantage, hence the need for either individual timers or a choice of the event that fits your personal schedule best.

Also, just because we both live in Europe, in mainly the same time zone, doesn't mean that time zone will fit all european players good, hence it's even more important for us to have a choice of when we will play.
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    I think a great solution would be to have an "event window" which is longer than the actual length of the event by 24 hours. As players enter events they are placed into brackets that end 60 hours from first entry, or the end of the event window if it is a very late entry.

That way everyone could set their own end times by the bracket they join.

Which more or less sounds like my previous suggestion, about "individual timers". Both solutions would be good, although the solution I now presented would be much easier to fix. They just set up four events for each event they want to hold. That in itself would divide the players into four different "time zone brackets", which would probably make the server problems less severe.