Who Should Be Limited?

JHawkInc
JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
Simple question. Say we got a new Limited character every year, whether they were only featured at Anniversary (Dino) or had special circumstances for acquiring their covers (Howard).

What characters would you like to see Limited, as opposed to freely available like normal characters?

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Paste Pot Pete.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hypno Hustler.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't care as long as they come with the amount of hp someone needs to roster them.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh and it isn't too late to make Jubilee limited either. 😉
  • Jwallyr
    Jwallyr Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I don't like the way Limited characters are introduced, and I think it lends toward useless sideshow characters. Since they by definition can't be regularly rewarded, they have to be boosted/required rarely (if ever), and even when they ARE boosted/required, they're going to be low-cover so poorly developed by most of the playerbase.

They can't be too strong, or players that miss the limited window to receive covers are at a disadvantage above and beyond the general "started playing later" disadvantage. If they're not pretty strong, people won't use them, so... I get to a "what's the point" place pretty quickly when discussing them.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    ***off-topic comments removed***

In all seriousness I'm not a big fan of limited characters and not super excited to see a new one.  As such I have no interest in suggesting/encouraging the devs to do more of them.

*mod note: off-topic comments were removed and warning issued. - fight4thedream
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2018
    Conan
    G.I. Joe
    Transformers
    Spider-Ham
    Any Star Wars character
    Franklin Richards
    Valeria Von Doom

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    Stan Lee
    This!!! ^
    He could be the ultimate 5* limited character that wins everything. LOL!

For myself, I would love to see a 3* character, one available semi-frequently, like Howard.
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    I want really jokey characters
    Stiltman
    Flatman
    That cartoony Batmite version of Wolverine in the Exiles
    Their character slots should be discounted, or even free.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    None.   I hate that they are limited. I never liked that Dino was a limited release. They need to release them all into the Wild and let us use them.  
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spiderham, frog thor. Bring me more silly stuff. Ooooooo Slapstick!
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    Bessie the Hellcow, Doop, Forbush Man.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Clump and Trinton, conjugal avatars of the Tao.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Golden Oldie.

We have Dazzler, so now my fixation has moved to Golden Oldie.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    If they ever come up with some new villains for PVE, like the Masters of Evil or the Frightful Four, I've thought they should either be NPCs like Gorgon and Ultron, or limited 1*s like Yelena.

Also, Howard's rogues gallery.  The Kidney Lady was winning every single confrontation she was in before anybody heard of Squirrel Girl.
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    I forgot about Doop from my days playing Marvel Heroes.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Hydra Bob
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,318 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm going to put this out there and agree that Taskmaster should be limited.

I'm having a slow week and just realised how the character development is supposed to function: he could be given any power from any future character so next time he comes around for a boost he could get a Cable power cover or from someone else entirely to add to his armoury.

That's a new cover which, alongside standard champ rewards, is worth hoping and waiting for.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    A good limited character, to me, is a niche character that does something fun no other character does but doesn't break the game meta. It should be someone you want, but not someone you need in order to compete.