About joining events

kk3thess
kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
Have you ever joined an event in the wrong SCL? Or in the wrong ending time? I have. More often than I would like to admit. What I want to know is *why* in almost five years of MPQ there's still no way to correct these mistakes.

You could argue that I could just pay more attention to what I'm doing, but sometimes there are other things envolved (Hurry, that automatic selection that we're used go do, divided attention, etc) that makes this not entirely possible. 

Is it too much to ask for a solution to this?

PS: I'm posting this because I almost did this today. Thank Thanos I didn't.

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
     An interesting option would be play he same slice consistently the game would start you out on that slice and then let you switch from there.  That way your most common slice would be selected.  
    ‘Or a confirm button after you have selected SCL and end time.  It pops up you are entering SCL end time of 4:00 CST Thursday please confirm.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    They could fix it by having you select your preferred slice to be your default option and then if you want to play in a different slice for an event then you would need to opt out to get to the regular screen where it asks you to pick your clearance level. So let's say you normally play in cl6 but you want a certain progression cover in cl7 your screen would say:

Honor Among Thieves
    Clearance level 6, time slice 4
    Enter

Choose another

And if you were done with playing in cl6 and wanted to change your default that could be done via settings or by having a link on the event signup screen.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some kind of double check would be nice. As Rixmith points out, it would have to be before you got any info about the bracket, but yeah, at least a confirm button or a way to set a different default would be nice. Accidentally going through Unstable ISO-8 last week in SCL9 instead of SCL7 was horrible.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even using a preferred slice would cause problems.  Many players alternate their shards so that pvp ends the same time all week instead 2 events in evening, 1 event in the morning etc..

• Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Though I have never joined the wrong SCL, I have joined the "wrong" end time.  I would really like a pop up confirmation message that would verify your choice.  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've played MPQ for almost a year and I've never entered a wrong SCL or timing before. And SCL was introduced in Sept 2016.

Currently, these are the steps to signing up for a story event:

Step 1: click "Preview Rewards" and it brings you to "Select a Clearance Level" screen. It defaults to Level 9 for me.

Step 2: Select your preferred level and click "Enter". It brings you to "Select an Ending Time" screen. On this screen, there's also a "Change" button if you need to change your SCL.

Step 3: Scroll through the list of choices and click on your preferred ending time.

Step 4: Click Enter and you are signed up for the event.

I doubt it would help even if the devs were to put an extra confirmation button after Step 4. If you are rushing and not paying attention for that 10 seconds or so, no amount of confirmation pop-up will help you. 

The visual hints in the selection screen are quite contrasting. The "Enter" and "Change" buttons are dark yellow and they are placed against a light blue background.  

If there's a need for change, I think changing the colour of the selected option might help.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards

If there's a need for change, I think changing the colour of the selected option might help.
    Thinking some more about how I made that mistake, it was when switching from PvP (where I always play SCL9) to PvE (where I play SCL7), so it would help me avoid it if there was more difference between the signup screens for PvP and PvE events. Maybe invert some colours on one of them or something?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:
    Even using a preferred slice would cause problems.  Many players alternate their shards so that pvp ends the same time all week instead 2 events in evening, 1 event in the morning etc..

They could make it something that you need to opt into and then underneath that it would have the second option to select a clearance level.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    I've only done it once. Here was my high-tech solution...

;)  :p;):p;)
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    kk3thess said:
    Have you ever joined an event in the wrong SCL?
    Nope, never have. I'm not opposed to a CONFIRM? button, though.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I joined 7 instead of 8 once. Wasn't the end of the world, but it sucked a little.

Never made that mistake going UP a level though.
  • Gangrel69
    Gangrel69 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    I make many mistakes in this game,lol.