Hey D3, did banner really need a counter?

ViralCore
ViralCore Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
Why release a character, Kitty Pride, that makes the second worst 5*, Banner, even worse? When is banner going to get some love?

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Yeah kitty will make banner pointless lol. He will just be free damage for kitty and never transform.

Kitty is just as bad if not worse than gambit was for characters that rely on specials.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    I think you should try KP out before you should come to the assumption that she is bad, Actually she is not. She is a niche 5* but very good at that niche. Put her with any strike tile creator and watch her buff everything in her path. plus, her purple explodes on every other turn,you need to read that out loud. Please look at her description again before you say she is bad. She is more mid tier to low upper tier at best. She also over-writes tiles, but not like gambit.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think you should try KP out before you should come to the assumption that she is bad, Actually she is not.
    You've got the conversation backward. Nobody said KP was bad. The entire conversation is about how she makes Banner bad (or rather worse, since most would argue he's already pretty bad). The second post went as far as to compare Kitty's handling of special tiles to Gambit, which is extremely high praise, if anything.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    JHawkInc said:
    I think you should try KP out before you should come to the assumption that she is bad, Actually she is not.
    The entire conversation is about how she makes Banner bad (or rather worse, since most would argue he's already pretty bad).
    Haha, on first look, thats what it first seemed. that she is worse than banner. it took me a couple of reads to get it.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Gambit was so OP that his overwrite power was like his 4th strongest thing. But for her it really sticks out how strong that power was. There should be a Kitty support group for all the characters she destroys. Banner, Hawkeye, Daredevil, who else? Gambit, OML, Phoenix, Goblin, Iron Man... 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Add doc ock and herself to the list
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Put out more special tiles so that you reduce the probability of her passive overwritting your important special tiles. It's not that difficult.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Something tells me they were probably thinking about how Kitty can help out with Banners Black and making him better than countering him.
    think about this team OML, Banner, Kitty fire banners black and Kitty buffs OML strike tiles and Banners attack tiles and removes Banners enemy tiles.  Then convert to Hulk and match people away
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Banner doesn't have the Xmen tag so I don't think they intentionally want to help Banner. Kitty shines with fellow X Men members. 

Maybe they miss Gambit pre-nerfed overwritting ability...
  • professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Banner!?! What about 5* Wasp!?!?! Now I have to rely exclusively on Yellow to Call the Swarm. That's 20AP we're talking about here. Ughhhh!
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,182 Chairperson of the Boards
    Banner!?! What about 5* Wasp!?!?! Now I have to rely exclusively on Yellow to Call the Swarm. That's 20AP we're talking about here. Ughhhh!

Dang Kitty just invalidated two of my champ 5*.
  • wymtime
    Straycat said:
    Gambit was so OP that his overwrite power was like his 4th strongest thing. But for her it really sticks out how strong that power was. There should be a Kitty support group for all the characters she destroys. Banner, Hawkeye, Daredevil, who else? Gambit, OML, Phoenix, Goblin, Iron Man... 
    Too bad the meta is Okoye/JJ and Thor so in PVP you don’t see as many special tiles.  
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:
    Straycat said:
    Too bad the meta is Okoye/JJ and Thor so in PVP you don’t see as many special tiles.  
    Because neither JJ or Thor make special tiles impacted by Kitty's purple... oh wait. Sure it takes a while to get either power off but it can happen.
  • wymtime
    ZeiramMR said:
    wymtime said:
    Straycat said:
    Because neither JJ or Thor make special tiles impacted by Kitty's purple... oh wait. Sure it takes a while to get either power off but it can happen.
    Lol I keep forgetting the AI might actually use Thors yellow over Okoye.  It has been months since I fired his yellow power.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:
    ZeiramMR said:
    wymtime said:
    Straycat said:
    Lol I keep forgetting the AI might actually use Thors yellow over Okoye.  It has been months since I fired his yellow power.
    Back when Kitty was announced I summed up how many 5*s made a special tile she could impact and I almost overlooked Thor as well. :smiley: