Hoarding.

1882 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
Hello everyone, 

Have read a ton of times on here about hoarding LTs etc. Was wandering is there really any benefit to it? Also kind of on same token how can people be sat on millions of iso! I've been farming my 2*s and still need 2.2million to level everyone up! Help thoughts and advice muchly appreciated
😊

Comments

1882 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Thank you buddy. I shall give the hoarding a go on both LTs and CTs. Ref farming that's what I found too. Only been doing to level up a specific character ie America chavez recently manage to champ her (chuffed) think I will level up one at a time whilst hoarding and see how that pans out. 
    Many thanks for your reply
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2018
    The other reason to hoard is if you are like me and not interested in getting into the 5 stars yet. I am just getting to the point where 3 stars are leveled enough to make PvP somewhat worth playing. If I use my LT tokens and get 5 stars they will just be converted to iso. I could use the 4 stars from LT but at this point wasting the 5s isn't worth the 4s I could use.

P.S. Part of the reason for holding off on 5 stars is also that I haven't saved enough HP or ISO for slots and leveling the 5s yet. I haven't even champed any 4 stars which will drain what ISO I have saved up.
  • cgrubb80
    cgrubb80 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    I started to hoard but then realized that this game will come to an end at some point, hopefully years from now.  I want to play now and not wait.  That is my opinion for me and me alone.
  • bundles87
    bundles87 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    The reason to hoard is if you want to enter the 5 star tier 6 months from now. It's how I played leading up to champing a bunch of 5s and I'm back in hoarding mode now. It's a weird way to play a FTP mobile match 3 game but it's what I find myself doing. When you're in 5 star land everything else is less useful so you have to plan how you're going to get more 5s.
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    As someone in the 5* tier (5 champed: BeardCap, JJ, Okoye, Thor, DD, w/Ock covered but not Iso'd), I've never been a fan of hoarding.  Though admittedly, I got here by hoarding a bit to avoid Ghost Rider and Archangel.  I think the most CP i ever had at once was around 700, so not a large cache by any stretch.

At this point, while yeah, Wasp and Loki aren't the greatest, not pulling any LTs or spending CP just feels like my roster stagnates and it definitely INCREASES the BOREDOM of my play.  I look forward to the LT and CP pulls daily and that's what keeps me motivated.  Just seeing the LTs and CP pile up just doesn't have much appeal.

Thought about hoarding until Wasp and Loki cycle out, leaving Kitty and whomever the next two 5*s are after that, but the thought of 4+ months of not seeing much progress (4* or 5*) just bores me to death and I'd probably quit by then or significantly lower play.

• Drlex
    Drlex Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    I am a 5* player, with newer 5* champed. I hoard the LTs because I don’t want Wasp even though I already have 8 covers for her. I already have Okoye champed. Loki I will probably champ after Wasp leaves with Kitty and whomever the next one is. I don’t hoard my CP. I spend it at few days on classics. I am hoping to build my older ones along the way.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man what if the biggest surprise from Anniversary isn't like an awesome new character or like a cool new feature but that Wasp gets a huge rework that makes her into an absolute badass.

Anyway, I'm a bit iffy on hoarding. Not a huge fan but I'm hoarding legendaries and cp so I can try and get Dazzler covered and champed fairly quickly once she goes into tokens. Also looking to see if anything gets announced like an answer to 4* and 5* dilution. I will usually spend a decent amount of tokens and cp and then pretty much do like a little mini hoard for a few weeks leading up to a boss event for a new 5* so I can try and get them rostered.
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 163 Tile Toppler

Farming is only mildly ISO positive by the way. The main gain is the other champion rewards, the covers, tokens, HP and CP

Farming is ISO negative, you lose 3,250 iso each cycle, but the rest of the rewards massively of set that.

As for hoarding, the main thing others have said, you get your choice of 3 5* in the latest pool so you have drastically increased odds of getting them fully covered especially if they are your only bonus 5s.

Another reason that isn't relevant anymore was that hoarding also stopped you from wasting covers from characters you couldn't champ. You hit a pause button that let you focus your iso on getting your roster champed & building a nest egg as much as you want before pulling & champing as needed. With saved covers you Don't have to worry about that anymore.

One other note on hoarding is that you can have a stockpile of pulls for new releases to make sure you can get points in those essential nodes, but again that goes back to the 5* more so than 4*.
  • Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler

Farming is only mildly ISO positive by the way. The main gain is the other champion rewards, the covers, tokens, HP and CP

Farming is ISO negative, you lose 3,250 iso each cycle, but the rest of the rewards massively of set that.

The positive side of farming comes from adding to the shield rank.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hilk said:

About to hit level 125 and much of that is because of farming. Oh god my roster would really suck without farming. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hilk said:

Bingo. Maybe I should have made that clear in my initial post.