No "Shield Intercept" rewards for Galactus Hungers

JSP869
JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
Yesterday it occurred to me that I didn't recall seeing any Shield Intercept rewards, where Iron Man pops up and says, "Hey! Thanks for supporting the game by buying stuff! Here's some Iso/CP/HP, etc."

My Alliance finished the event early Saturday morning so after hitting personal progression myself I didn't have much incentive to do any more of Galactus' nodes, but when I thought about the lack of Shield Intercepts I did them anyway to check, and when the side nodes reset I did them again, but I never received any rewards.

The only time I got a reward from doing a Galactus Hungers node was when it was the very first node of the day. After that, no more rewards.

With Unstable Iso8, I got multiple rewards before finishing my first round of clears, but Galactus Hungers? Not a single reward.

Do Alliance/Boss events not count as Story nodes even though they're in the Story tab?

Or was this just a bug for Galactus Hungers?

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe a dumb question but , have your bonus rewards lapsed? 
  • generic_username_8
    generic_username_8 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    I got some, so maybe you just missed it, or they lapsed? I feel like I always get fewer, but that could be because there are fewer battles.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I got mine during the event. In the side missions. You have to remember they also get used up in the DDQ nodes as well. I think its random and there is a limit. 
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    I know I know I got a bunch of them. I always play the side nodes through event end and that was all scoring them on the side nodes.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Part of it is that any given 8h period in a boss event, you get so few fights. When you're doing grinds/clears in a regular event (assuming optimal play), you're talking about something like 70 fights over the course of that time.

When a boss event is going on, optimal play gets you 33 fights a day. So you're able to play a qualifying node about half as often, and the frequency of rewards doesn't seem to be tuned up to compensate.

So, yeah, between that and the limit on daily rewards, it's eminently possible to go through a boss event and be like "...did I even get any intercepts?"
  • JSP869
    Quite possibly I was just really unlucky and I never got any, or maybe they were so rare (for me) that I glossed over them when they did happen.

I admit I did wonder if my "month" of rewards was up and maybe I needed to make another purchase, so I checked my order history, but I'd only just bought some HP last week so I knew I should have still been getting them. 

Then when Unstable Iso8 began and I started seeing them again, I figured it had to be something with Galactus Hungers, and again, maybe it's that we play so few nodes in a Boss event vs a regular story event, maybe I just got really unlucky with the rewards :(
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I forgot this was a thing. Can someone that makes purchases remind me how the intercept system works? You buy something and for a month you get bonus... what, exactly?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I forgot this was a thing. Can someone that makes purchases remind me how the intercept system works? You buy something and for a month you get bonus... what, exactly?

Stuff. ISO, HP, CP, tokens... usually ISO, but with regular PvE play you get a few tokens each day too.
  • Shintok17
    Another easier way to check if your intercepts are active is to go to the in game store and under the word "Resources" it will say "Bonus Rewards Active" and a question mark with more information is on the side that will explain how intercepts work. If your intercepts are not active the message will be in red. I think they added this feature a while back in one of the updates. 
  • JSP869
    Shintok17 said:
    Another easier way to check if your intercepts are active is to go to the in game store and under the word "Resources" it will say "Bonus Rewards Active" and a question mark with more information is on the side that will explain how intercepts work. If your intercepts are not active the message will be in red. I think they added this feature a while back in one of the updates. 
    Huh! TIL...

Thank you, Shintok17!
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Dormammu said:
    I rarely notice if I'm getting any intercepts because I'm tapping so fast in-between battles in PvE, as time is usually of the essence. The game could have a pop-up during a PvE event telling me the world was ending in 5 minutes and I wouldn't even notice.
    Facts!
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:

Stuff. ISO, HP, CP, tokens... usually ISO, but with regular PvE play you get a few tokens each day too.
    Oh dang, in what increments? Like, how much do you get of each roughly in a month? And what types of tokens?
  • Shintok17
    Quebbster said:

Oh dang, in what increments? Like, how much do you get of each roughly in a month? And what types of tokens?
    It's not a set number each day or a set amount of each reward. It's more random than anything. The highest token your going to get is a Heroic. Mostly its low amounts of ISO and HP, but I have gotten 100 HP and 2,500 ISO before. That is really rare and far in between though usually its 500 ISO and 10 HP or a token here and there. It's a nice bonus just for doing missions.