Marvel Rising Celebration! (9/24/18)

2»

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 4* offer isn't supposed to show up for another 35 minutes or so.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Ah thanks .  i thought they were same time
  • Drlex
    Drlex Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    rocks52 said:
    I just updated and only see 3*offer
    The 4* offer comes in a couple of days.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Remember when a celebration meant a Free cover or 2? Now it's an opportunity to buy
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    The 4* offer just showed up 35min ago.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    fmftint said:
    Remember when a celebration meant a Free cover or 2? Now it's an opportunity to buy
    Yeah.. like we should probably be gettin a Kamala cover. I think the other characters in the game and the show are 4* *shrug*
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    IYeaheahI said:
    I could be mistaken but that's probably due to local VAT rates.
    Thanks for thinking along, that could be an explanation. We pay 21% here in Holland, how much do you pay in the USA?
    We don't have VAT in the USA.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    fmftint said:
    In fairness, it's an opportunity to buy 9 four star covers.

• Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Roland113 said:
    fmftint said:

Days past, you would get free covers for comic book day, other things, etc.  I always look at these and am very thankful that they gave us something; they really don't have to give us anything, if you think about it.  And i always hate when people spew nonsense about people feeling entitled and expecting free stuff.  I think most of us fall in the middle ground, where it is nice to receive, but not expected.  

But now, as we have seen from the ever growing amount of different offers for various things, they are moving celebrations away from "here is a neat thing, enjoy a small token on us," over to "because of this new thing, lets celebrate by buying bundles."

It just feels a little weird to me
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Roland113 said:
    fmftint said:

Days past, you would get free covers for comic book day, other things, etc.  I always look at these and am very thankful that they gave us something; they really don't have to give us anything, if you think about it.  And i always hate when people spew nonsense about people feeling entitled and expecting free stuff.  I think most of us fall in the middle ground, where it is nice to receive, but not expected.  

But now, as we have seen from the ever growing amount of different offers for various things, they are moving celebrations away from "here is a neat thing, enjoy a small token on us," over to "because of this new thing, lets celebrate by buying bundles."

To be fair they've given some pretty nice stuff in recent months like free 4* covers for Ant Man and Wasp plus lots of stuff for Carol's 50th Anniversary. With the game's 5th Anniversary coming fairly soon I think they'll be giving out some nice stuff for that too. 
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    shardwick said:
    Roland113 said:
    fmftint said:

To be fair they've given some pretty nice stuff in recent months like free 4* covers for Ant Man and Wasp plus lots of stuff for Carol's 50th Anniversary. With the game's 5th Anniversary coming fairly soon I think they'll be giving out some nice stuff for that too. 
    I know.  I rewrote my post several times before finally posting, because i just cant put it into words properly how it sounds in my head.  I hope we get good stuff for the anniversary, but we have been let down in the past.  

I guess part of it is i would, personally, prefer celebration sales be for resources that could be utilized by everyone, while being gifted a token or two(unfortunately that just lends to posts from people about how many Moonstone covers they got from them).

I guess it is just where i am in the game that these dont appeal to me, so i suppose it may just be selfish on part.  Who knows.  Fingers crossed for next month.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    It's about managing expectation. Each player has a different minimum expectation from the developers. Some players expect to be given free 5* characters covers or free Rank 5 supports; some hero points; some a stash of command points; some ISO-8.

The other trend I noticed is once the devs start giving free stuff regularly, some players will take it for granted and demand or request for better free stuff. Once the free stuff doesn't come in when they expect, complaints start coming in.

End of the day, it's down to managing your own expectation and setting realistic expectation. However, the meaning of "realistic" is subjective.

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    IYeaheahI said:
    I could be mistaken but that's probably due to local VAT rates.
    Thanks for thinking along, that could be an explanation. We pay 21% here in Holland, how much do you pay in the USA?
    We don't have VAT in the USA.
    You've got sales tax though, which is basically the same thing: just implemented at the state level with loopholes you can drive a truck through.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Roland113 said:
    fmftint said:

Yes it is. For the price of a console game. Nothing to celebrate there.