Colognoisseur Guide to Supports September 2018

2»

Comments

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    I've got 21/41, no Infinity Stones. I've got one heck of a decision tree in terms of which ones get equipped and get red iso, but the main ones I've given attention to are the ones that have an effect which aren't reliant on "% chance". The ones that have synergy perks were exceptions to this, but otherwise I've leveled Rank 1 supports to Lv. 10 if they're useful, Rank 2 supports to Lv. 20, and Rank 3 supports to Lv. 50. The main thing I thought about strategy wise, was how often I used the character. If it was a character I use a lot, then by default I'm going to get good mileage out of the support. It's nice to have a higher ranked support, but I'm not holding my breath there. Here's my faves: 

Element Guns (Rk 4, Lv. 50) - On my Star-Lord for synergy. This is my only Rank 4 support, I'll eventually being leveling it up to 75-100. Increased match damage is always nice, and the attack tile for sure helps if I'm running him with R4G, but my favorite is the Rank 3 perk where you can fortify tiles by making matches with the supported character. The random AP boost is nice when you get it in a helpful color, but I don't count on it. 

Avengers Tower (Rk 3, Lv. 50) - On my IM40, since the yellow AP gain would be useless to my Hulkbuster, but potentially VERY helpful for IM40. I still use my IM40 enough where this doesn't feel like a waste. The synergy perk isn't breathtaking by any means, but can certainly be helpful if you're running him with Blade like I do sometimes. The protect tiles you get for making match 4s aren't that strong either, but getting one EVERY time you make a match 4, and not just a "% chance" is very welcome. Especially if you have characters on your team who play off of your special tiles somehow. Fortifying tiles is also always welcome. 

Destroyer Gun (Rk 3, Lv. 50) - The synergy perk is horrendously useless so I could honestly get just as good mileage running it on someone aside from Coulson, but I use Coulson enough where it helps way more often than not. This tile fortifying doesn't rely on a specific character making a match to activate, and again, increased match damage is always nice. You're not always fighting Hammer Goons, but the extra 90 damage when you are is welcome I suppose lol. 

The Milano (Rk 3, Lv 50) - Hands down my most used support with R4G, I'll prob break my own rules here and raise this guy above level 50 eventually. The match is usually over before R4G gets to fire a power so perk 1 might not get you much, but increased match damage is certainly welcome when you're using a team where match damage is one of the key strategic elements. The "% chance" for black AP is certainly welcome when running them with Gamora, which most people do, but the big one here is the synergy perk. That CD so often helps end matches quicker, because it gets pumped up by the strike tiles. 

Wong (Rk 3, Lv 50)  - Strange is still an instant go-to for me when it comes to goons, so yet another support I've gotten quite a bit of mileage out of. I've lost count of the amount of times that the rank 2 perk has gotten rid of an enemy CD or special tile that was hard to get to. The additional blue ap is nice when you get it, and so is the additional turn on the stun, but it doesn't feel like it happens often enough for me to count on it. It's also nice that you get to destroy some AP when you get a match-5, but I don't count on those either. 

Honorable Mentions: 

Corvus Glaive (Rk 3, Lv 50) - The issue with the Children of Thanos supports are that they can only be equipped to villains, and don't have any synergy perks. I was lucky enough to get 2 additional perks on this one, so I get increased purple damage and health boost of 631. The rank 1 gives an 8% chance to fortify a tile and deal 445 at the start of the turn, which was the main draw for me. That can certainly add up with strike tiles out, and with it having a chance every turn as opposed to needing a condition to activate this chance. Currently on my Red Hulk, mostly collecting dust, but I got additional ranks so by my logic I had to try it out. 

Hydra Henchmen (Rk 2, Lv 30) - No synergy perk on this one either, but the chance to fortify tiles with no prerequisite conditions is always welcome. For this alone I raised it above the usual Lv. 20 I do for my Rank 2 supports. I have this one on Vulture currently, the additional black damage helps if I'm in any weird "strongest color" situations because of my similarly leveled 4-stars. 

Sharon Carter (Rk 3, Lv. 50) - I flip this one between Peggy and St3v3. The increased blue and red match damage is equally useful to both of them, and so is the synergy perk. Both usually require a little help from Iron Man to get their CDs out, and the potential blue, red, or yellow AP gained from resolved CDs is just as helpful, especially if I'm running IM40 with Peggy. Too bad I just dont run either version of Captain America too often these days. 

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Wonko33 said:
    my question is how the hell do you guys get them? The vaults are terribly overpriced and the rest is just getting lucky once in a while
    Like @GrimSkald, I also purchase most 100hp daily vault deals. Over time, this has resulted in enough beginner tokens (and some special supports vaults tokens) to give me a decent range of (mostly) level 1-2 supports, and a few level 3's (I think 3 or 4 in total). So I'm not really going out of my way to get them.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same here. I pretty much always pick up the single-item daily deals every day, but otherwise haven't gone out of my way to get Supports at all.That's given me 20 of them since they first appeared, 8 at 1*, 9 at 2*, and 3 at 3*.