R162 Release Notes (9/24/18)

Options

Comments

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Annie get your gun? Annie Oakley was a sharpshooter, sharpshooters hit targets they can see from far away, see far literally means television. Who's obsessed with television & would follow dazzler across dimensions?

Mojo confirmed.
    ... or her love interest Longshot, that you already reference with long and shooting.

It would be an actual long shot to have Longshot in the game as a character of course.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got to be 4* Cable or 5* Deadpool from Deadpool 2 scene where the song "Tomorrow" (Annie reference)  was played when Deadpool sacrificed himself and blocked the round by Cable aimed at Collins.

They just released 5* Shadowcat, so this upcoming one is unlikely to be a 5*. They could feasibly release the next 5* on 19 Oct; we've already had instances of that with Gambit being released four weeks after whoever was before him (was it Daredevil?) and Okoye being released four weeks after BeardCap

Other way around. Gambit was released six weeks after Daredevil, then four weeks later GladiaThor was released.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Annie Oakely was a famous sharpshooter. Daredevil Season 3 - which starts October 19th - features Bullseye. Hmmmmmm....
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If Taskmaster is the new character then that's awesome, because we need more villains in the game.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The release notes mentioned anniversary events, so at least we know the Anniversary is starting before the next update.
  • boy_on_krypton
    boy_on_krypton Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2018
    Options
    "Anything you can do, I can do better!" and a gun-toting lady like Annie... I call DOMINO.

Luck is definitely a superpower. "Lucky me."
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, Annie is a reference to the anniversary.  The clue is "get your gun".
    Obviously it's a reference to Elmer Fudd, hunting wabbits.  If it wasn't that Bugs Bunny was in the DC Universe, I'd suspect him, so instead it's White Rabbit.
    My sensible guess is Cable. 
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Options
    5* Venom?
  • Xavier_Mc
    Xavier_Mc Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Did anyone else notice the bezels on the side  
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Xavier_Mc said:
    I did not. Where are these bezels?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it's meant to cover up the white space found on the top and bottom of bigger phone model. I saw it as well.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Xavier_Mc said:
    I did not. Where are these bezels?
    The game displays in a fixed aspect ratio.  If your phone/tablet doesn't match that aspect ratio (or doesn't match it after you take Android's soft buttons into account), it fills the extra space with something.  Previously this has been either solid black or some gradients.  Now it looks like a black-to-blue gradient with some black lines running in the same direction as the gradient.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 977 Critical Contributor
    Options

Annie Oakley is a legitimate Marvel character. Hints don't always have to be too hard...
  • Edelkin
    Edelkin Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    R162.  162 is the number of games in a baseball season.  Annie Savoy was the love interest in Bull Durham.  Taurus confirmed.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    Options
    "Ann" Nocenti as a Marvel editor and writer created Typhoid Mary an assassin with a mental condition of multiple personalities and currently in the recent Iron Fist Netflix series. 
    4 star Typhoid Mary Confirmed.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    Options
    It's already been confirmed that the new releases will be 4* Taskmaster and 5* Cable. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shintok17 said:
    It's already been confirmed that the new releases will be 4* Taskmaster and 5* Cable. 

Oh, you're no fun anymore.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Shintok17 said:
    Taskmaster learned to roller skate by watching. Dazzler confirmed!
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby
    I expect a lot of the D3 Go! staff are at NYCC, but is someone able to make a post about R163 updates since that is likely to come out on Monday?