R162 Release Notes (9/24/18)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited September 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R162 update!

MPQ 162!
  • "Annie Get Your Gun"
What's Changed:
  • The correct error pop-up is displayed when Gambit (Classic) activates Aces & Eights while the Countdown tile from Thanos (The Mad Titan)'s power Infinite Power is on the board.
  • The correct error pop-up is displayed when Captain America (Infinity War)'s power Rope-A-Dope is activated while there are no valid targets
  • The Support's details are correctly displayed for an unobtained Support after viewing the same Support from another player

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Annie Oakley. That's a true classic.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well that didn't take much of a google search. I know at least one person who will be excited about this.

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have no idea who this is.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Possibly Annie-May Parker. A.K.A. Spider-Girl; A.K.A. Spiderling
    The daughter of Peter & Mary Jane in several of Marvel's now-convoluted universes.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Possibly Annie-May Parker. A.K.A. Spider-Girl; A.K.A. Spiderling
    The daughter of Peter & Mary Jane in several of Marvel's now-convoluted universes.
    If we're getting Pete and MJ's daughter I'd rather have Mayday. And if we're getting a female spider-person I'd rather have Anya. And if we're getting another spider-person at all I'd rather have Ben or Miguel (or at least a curveball like Spider-Ham). 

Daredevil Season 3 is coming out soon, teasers point at Bullseye this season, and the clue points to Annie Oakley, a sharpshooter. That could work, except for the fact that it would make more sense to just wait one release and do a 4* Bullseye right alongside Season 3 coming out, instead of before.

So a sharpshooter that isn't Bullseye? Who shoots better than a dude named Frank? I'm not familiar with Punisher storylines, who out there can outshoot him?

EDIT: And someone in my alliance points out a way more obvious connection, obvious enough I won't share it so others can speculate (since no one has named the character so far).
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Noh-Varr. He was saved by a girl named Annie when she picked up a gun and shot Sentry.

Annie herself has no powers, so it’s not her. Noh-Varr is Kree and could be a character in the upcoming movie. I think he’s a much lesser known variant. And oh yeah, he was in the Dark Avengers for a while so maybe he’ll be added as an enemy in PvE...
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2018
    Options
    It’s a 5* of a 4* cover that was once a 3* cover, which eventually converted itself from a 2* cover.

1* cover confirmed!

Happy Anni-versary!
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have no idea. Arizona Annie maybe? That would be digging deep into marvel history. Unless the ‘Annie’ part is just short from ‘Anni’versary like somebody else suggested, in which case, its just the gun part to think about
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well if "Anni(e)" is for anniversary, there are two guys named Gunn who've been significantly involved in the MCU. One of them probably isn't going to be put into any games at this point...
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    how do I fit in taskmaster? 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    either that or it’s Anakin Skywalker.
    Powers:
    Whining
    Bad Crying
    Murdering children for no reason 
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Rawhide Kid?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    either that or it’s Anakin Skywalker.
    Powers:
    Whining
    Bad Crying
    Murdering children for no reason 
    The whining one also has a passive that involves him hating sand.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I believe Marvel did the Transformers comics, so Megatron is clearly entering the game as a limited anniversary character.  ...or, I guess, in his transformed state as a support.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    I believe Marvel did the Transformers comics, so Megatron is clearly entering the game as a limited anniversary character.  ...or, I guess, in his transformed state as a support.
    https://youtu.be/E2t4MBhGAg8