BFF teams

FinnyMPQ
FinnyMPQ Posts: 51 Match Maker
edited September 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Beyond the obvious Okoye teams, who all are you using? 

PP and Miles (455 and boosted 380 respectively for me) are crazy together. Downed a 455 Thorkoye in 3 moves 

Edit: not so good on defense, lol... -126 in the time it took me to post this

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I gave up on Black Bolt and Lockjaw and trying to do anything clever and just went with Thor and Daredevil.

Still got crushed, so I'm chalking this up as another "Get the 10CP then quit" PvP.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    If you ar looking at 5* and a 4* teams there are some fun ones out there.
    DD/Gamora
    5lord R&G
    5Thor/ MEH
    hawkeye/Coulson or Kate or Wasp 
    Valkyrie/5thor
    cloak and dagger/ Black Panther/OML

but lets be real it will be all Okoye 5 Thor.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm seeing more than a handful of people using 5* Wasp, since she got uber-boosted for this one.

She's absurdly beatable even at 500+, but I'm sure her match damage is also speeding up things with a 1/2Thor.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's annoying how unreliable every team is other than Thorkoye. I can win matches with other teams, but I cannot consistently win enough to compete without those two. 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Running 1/2 Thor of course and have him paired with Archangel. AA matches all but Thors 3 colors and then stuns the 2nd character once the 1st is down. Got me to 1000 points in 38 wins. Points suck now, but with faster fights and fewer health packs being used, I will probably push through to 75 wins.
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    I’m using a 4/1/0 Kitty and Grocket...anyone who said Kitty isn’t PvP material, eat your heart out.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    It's annoying how unreliable every team is other than Thorkoye. I can win matches with other teams, but I cannot consistently win enough to compete without those two. 
    The issue will always be thor. Auto AP like that cannot be combated effectively by the AI. Run thor with okoye with thor at full health and you will often eat an enemy power. I have often had AI thor get enough green when I have stupidly thought I would work my full Thor down safely in a match to half health.

Half health thor is so safe because even if green/red matches are on the board he often removes them with a cascade to stop the AI matching them. Okoye adds a lot more variety and life to lot's of other Characters, but Thor is the issue. If he had to tank to gain AP or didn't gain as much AP each turn you might see more variety in line ups.

But everyone will counter that with how easy he is to beat in pvp and we can carry on playing the same matches for the next 12 months and ignoring every new release because they can't work their way alongside Okoye vs the auto battery. It will take a Gambit to remove Thor from that line up, Auto AP wins every time. Especially one that self feeds so well and removes the titles to stop the AI matching them.

• Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    that said, im running thor and okoye
    ill use this time of the meta to stockpile healthpacks since i no longer need them. One day when the meta shifts i should have a nice supply
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Wasp and Thor is my strongest, especially as she hides him. Haven’t used Okoye this event. Wasp Gamora and Wasp C&D are both good too.

Normally I’d never use Wasp, but in a 2 v 2 the match damage on a level 585 5* is just too good to pass up.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Okoye is only 2/2/2, so I'm using a different team.  Because when you think "Best Friends Forever" you think of 5-star Thor and 5-star Thanos.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why did people have to misuse the laugh button? @sambrookjm - that post deserves a laugh button. 
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    So why is Wasp getting a huge 100+ bump but boltagar is only boosted 14 levels? I'm loving gamora and DD, I might just go for 75 wins out of enjoyment of using them.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    To begin with I saw a bunch of different teams and yes a bunch of 5* Wasp. The AI didn't trigger a single power in any of those matches, I'm assuming because of shame.

However since then - solid R4G and Gamora from sea to shining sea.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    To begin with I saw a bunch of different teams and yes a bunch of 5* Wasp. The AI didn't trigger a single power in any of those matches, I'm assuming because of shame.

I’ve really enjoyed this event, wasn’t impressed to be paired against a champed Kitty when neither you or I could get a single cover. 

Almost got 75 wins now mostly from retal fights 

R4G and Gamora some fights took about 2 minutes 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

The last 300 points or so to get to 900, I'm not sure I saw anything but Grockamora. Certainly not anything other than them that was worth more than 20 points.