Quality of Life Upgrade Idea - Character Selection "Cycle" Button

JHawkInc
JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
So, I had a thought, for a simple QoL upgrade, thought I'd see what people thought (and work out any kinks I may not have thought about) before posting it to the Suggestion section.

When playing Bosses, we have Essential nodes that require a character, but allow any version of that character. The game auto-selects who you use, but it may not be who you want to use, requiring you to scroll through.

We've had some complaints and changes recently because the game auto-selects Essential characters, so players with duplicates for farming would have the weaker one selected by default, which is also undesirable (and requires scrolling).

What if we just had a "Cycle" button on highlighted characters that rotated through any other character on your roster that counts as that character and is also eligible for the node? So when you go into the Hawkeye node (like I did just a moment ago) and it auto-selects your 2*, you tap a button to rotate to your 3*, then your 5*, to pick one to use. No scrolling through the roster. Playing PVP and you have several copies of the required 3*? One of them goes down, type the button to select a different one. Whether you have several at max, or are doing a shield hop quick enough you don't care to use your weaker version instead of spending a health pack, the option is there. Maybe you're playing a boss and don't realize Peggy counts as Captain America? Cycling through Cap would show everyone that counts as him for that node. You could even use it outside essential nodes. If you want to take 3* Iron Man into a fight for his Recharge ability, but you have a champed 5* Iron Man, you select the 5* at the top of your roster, tap the Cycle button until the 3* shows up, and now you don't have to scroll through pages of 5*s and 4*s to get to your 3*s.

It's a simple Quality of Life upgrade, but it occurred to me it would be a way to reduce the number of times you have to scroll and scroll and scroll through your roster. (a "Training" filter that only shows characters who can be leveled up with ISO might be nice too, for the same reasons of reducing scrolling, now that I think about it)

Thoughts?

Comments

• Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I like the idea. It drives me nuts when I go to the Black Widow node, and it auto picks my 1*, and I have to go digging for one that won't be an albatross on my team.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2018
    "Albatross! Albatross!"
    "What flavour is it?
    "It's an albatross. It's bloody albatross flavour!"
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    I think it's a great idea!
    They could port over  the rotate button for when we select the next target-able opponent in match and replace the HealthPack store button on the selection screen. It lies center underneath the Req'd character so having the button there makes intuitive/associative sense.

The  purple heal(use a HealthPack) button could be always out in it's spot to the left and have the current inventory number replace the "1" it currently displays when someone needs to heal. A player wouldn't need to go into the store to buy HealthPacks if they already have some so your not really losing out on any functionality if you combine the two. 
    Or move your healthpacks# up top to the left of iso/HP/CP.   I guess it's a purchasable resource too.

Would the new function display the "ghost" version if the player does not have any covers for a character yet? Would I have Banner cycle through if I had no covers and was looking for hulks? I see the good and annoyance of it: More time to cycle through vs information from seeing all the options and being able to gain teasers. I personally would like to see that Cho could be used even if I didn't have him on roster yet.

I would like to see it applied for "family" classifications too but that's probably a completely different and much messier interface. But I honestly don't even know who is Team Iron Man. 
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Why not have it like in pvp, where they all just show up at the front of the roster?