Okoye Heroes for Hire or Hoard?

So, I just had a great string of luck with recent Legendary tokens, and my Okoye is now 4 3 5.
My Heroes for Hire option is her Yellow cover.

I have 599 CP.  Should I just get this and champ her, even though the next 5 Star is Coming?
I hate not having at least 1 cover for the PVE essential, but sometimes it takes a ton of CP to get even 1 cover with the release Legendary Tokens.  I've easily had to spend over 200 CP the last several...

I think my decision is made for me because I have a "6th" Red Okoye cover waiting in my queue.
So if I get this Yellow cover from Heroes for Hire, I could have a 451 Okoye.  With my champed Daredevil, JJ, GladiThor, & Thanos, I'd basically be set for the foressable future in both PVE & PVP.

Am I overthinking this?  Just looking for confirmation.
Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    For Okoye? I'd do it. It's just CP. You'll make more.
  • SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Usually, I would say never buy a 500 CP deal. In almost every case,  it's not worth it. But, in your case - Do it. Okoye is a monster.

You could pull 500 worth of LLs hoping for a black or yellow, but, you could pull red or you could miss her entirely. The other 5's out right now are not great and, if you're into 5-star land (you will be after champing Okoye) 4-star covers aren't that big of a deal anyway, so, missing those LL pulls isn't a huge deal.
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Knowing myself, I'd probably spend that 500CP for the cover. I've spent 720CP for a cover a long time ago. But you will eventually cover her from Shuri champ levels. So, something to think about.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2018
    SymmeTrey said:
    Usually, I would say never buy a 500 CP deal. In almost every case,  it's not worth it. But, in your case - Do it. Okoye is a monster.

You could pull 500 worth of LLs hoping for a black or yellow, but, you could pull red or you could miss her entirely. The other 5's out right now are not great and, if you're into 5-star land (you will be after champing Okoye) 4-star covers aren't that big of a deal anyway, so, missing those LL pulls isn't a huge deal.

Go for it!

I agree 100% with SymmeTrey, here.
    Right now, she IS the PRIZE. Take it.

My lowly Okoye is at 2/0/0. I'd really love to get (at least) one of her yellow, so I'm immediately pulling LLTs all the way up to when she leaves. Then it's big time hoarding for me until Kitty is next out of Latests. I know that's a long time from now, but I want nothing to do with either Wasp or Loki. I have the one-of-each needed for 5* PvE Essentials, that's good enough for me.

• bundles87
    bundles87 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Where's your Shuri at? Also you should probably keep pulling until the event ends and see if you can get her covered that way first. But if neither of those options are going to get her done then I'd say yeah, spend the CP.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 491 Mover and Shaker
    It's more a question of giving me enough pulls of the Kitty Pride release tokens to get at least one cover of her.
    Then you all are correct = Wasp is terrible, and Loki is ehn, so I'd horde for a long time.

bundles87 said:
    Where's your Shuri at? Also you should probably keep pulling until the event ends and see if you can get her covered that way first. But if neither of those options are going to get her done then I'd say yeah, spend the CP.
    Totally forgot about this.  But my Shuri is like 276 or something, so not close to get a cover that way just yet..
  • bundles87
    bundles87 Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    OJSP said:
    Totally forgot about this.  But my Shuri is like 276 or something, so not close to get a cover that way just yet..
    Actually, if you make her your Bonus Hero, with 500 CPs, you are quite likely to get some Shuri covers. I changed my opinion. Don’t buy the HfH offer. Get the black cover from Shuri instead.
    Yeah you get the Okoye black at 280 so there you go. You should at least be close to that after pulling your CP, plus you could just get the Okoye you need.
  • SymmeTrey
    Yeah, given the Shuri info,  I think I would pull the 500 CP in LLs with Shuri as bonus hero... even if you miss her on the initial 500 pull, you will get her soon through pulling for Shuri. If you're very worried about getting Kitty, you might even wait for Kitty to enter tokens and pull at that point with Shuri as a bonus hero. 4 covers isn't a lot to need.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    +1 for Shuri as your path to victory. Don't blow those ~20 pulls.
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Okoye is worth it.  Odds are that when Kitty hits packs they will update Nightcrawler to reward her covers, so if you have a 280 Nightcrawler you may still get 1 cover of her.
  • Agent262
    Agent262 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Not to hijack this, but I got really lucky with my Okoye who is at 5/5/3 but not championed.  I have all but 6 of the 4*'s championed, and I've sunk some ISO into Okoye already.  If i take the plunge and champion her, as my only champed 5* will that screw me in PVP??
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agent262 said:
    Not to hijack this, but I got really lucky with my Okoye who is at 5/5/3 but not championed.  I have all but 6 of the 4*'s championed, and I've sunk some ISO into Okoye already.  If i take the plunge and champion her, as my only champed 5* will that screw me in PVP??
    Yes. You'll start seeing other teams with a champed 5, possibly two of them at times.
  • Agent262
    Agent262 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    How far can I take her without running in to too much of a problem?
  • SymmeTrey
    I ran her as my only champ 5 for a week or 2 and it was fine... she makes PVE much easier and you can hit 1200 without much trouble. She’s a great first 5 star champ. 
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 491 Mover and Shaker
    My Shuri is 278.
    I have TERRIBLE luck with non-3 Star Bonus Heroes.  I've easily opened 40+ Legendary tokens and not gotten one.
    According to my stats, I have a 9% Bonus pull rate from Legendary-class tokens.  and of that 9%, only 4 have been 5 Star.  So far, I set my 4 Star bonus Heroes to be those I don't have fully covered, which at this point is like the most recent 3 or 4.  I can probably shift to Shuri only until I get her to 280.
    I'd like to see the proc rate for Bonus Heroes increase...

So seems like I should save the extra Red cover I have, and then just wait until I hit 280 with Shuri for the Champ Cover reward.  This will let me use as much of 600-ish CP as needed to make sure I get at least 1 Kitty Cover. 
    I even have both OML & Phoenix champed, so zero chance of a wasted 5 Star cover!

I like the thought making Nightcrawler the feeder for Kitty, but even if they do, it will probably be after her first required PVE.  They certainly aren't quick with adding these...

Thanks for all the feedback so far.
  • rdvargas1
    rdvargas1 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    If you have had terrible bonus hero luck then it is due to change soon.  Bonus hero Shuri and pull those 500 CP now or whatever you have right before Okoye leaves latest.  She is worth it.  You will get Wasp and Loki covers but its worth it to get her an extra few covers.  After she leaves latest, Shuri rewards and keeping her as a bonus hero are the only reliable ways to get more of her covers.  Or spend half your CP and keep the other for Kitty.  Kitty will also be in latest eventually.  Okoye will be gone for good soon.   
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    My Shuri is 278.
    I have TERRIBLE luck with non-3 Star Bonus Heroes.  I've easily opened 40+ Legendary tokens and not gotten one.
    According to my stats, I have a 9% Bonus pull rate from Legendary-class tokens.  and of that 9%, only 4 have been 5 Star.  So far, I set my 4 Star bonus Heroes to be those I don't have fully covered, which at this point is like the most recent 3 or 4.  I can probably shift to Shuri only until I get her to 280.

So seems like I should save the extra Red cover I have, and then just wait until I hit 280 with Shuri for the Champ Cover reward.  This will let me use as much of 600-ish CP as needed to make sure I get at least 1 Kitty Cover. 
    I even have both OML & Phoenix champed, so zero chance of a wasted 5 Star cover!

I like the thought making Nightcrawler the feeder for Kitty, but even if they do, it will probably be after her first required PVE.  They certainly aren't quick with adding these...

I'm pretty sure Wasp and Loki got feeders before they were essentials for pve, Wasp for sure was.  I'm hoping that will be the case going forward as well.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Shuri is 278.

I'm pretty sure Wasp and Loki got feeders before they were essentials for pve, Wasp for sure was.  I'm hoping that will be the case going forward as well.

Yeah, both Wasp and Loki got feeders pretty much as soon as their release vaults closed, so I am hoping the same will hold true for Kitty. Next week would be a good time to release a new feeder anyway.
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    How much longer do we have with Okoye?  I'm so close.  I need 1 more to cover max and 1 more to champ.

Got her set as my only 5* BH and Shuri set as my only 4*
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    cozmo1682 said:
    How much longer do we have with Okoye?  I'm so close.  I need 1 more to cover max and 1 more to champ.

Got her set as my only 5* BH and Shuri set as my only 4*
    You have 2 weeks after Kitty's release store closes.