Are we going to get a shortened season?

wymtime
wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
before the anniversary season we have typically had a short 2 week season.  The sim top score is usually 800 points and it goes by really quickly.

i personally would actually really like seasons to go down to 2 weeks permenanty or just have them more frequently

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say "no", because of this line in the Sneak Peek thread:

Note: This off-season will be a bit longer, as we prepare for the 5-Year Anniversary. Thanks for your patience! *New Update*
    Normally we'd have right at just enough time for a short season before an Anniversary season, but apparently, they're doing things differently this year, for some reason. 

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shorter season was to generous, that's why.
    Or they didn't plan ahead and the short seasons don't have RISO in them yet and they had no time to jig things around to fit some in.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thats a heck of a long offseason if they aren't going to run anything between now and early October. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    It looks like we’ll have either 5 or 8 PVPs in this off season.  Every season begins on a Thursday.

I really hope the Anniversary starts 9/27 and not 10/4.  Maybe the Anniversary will be extra long since it’s the 5th one. I can dream, right?  17 days of double iso!  Yeah....probably not.
  • JHawkInc
    I'm crossing my fingers for Anniversary starting a little early and running longer than normal as well. Maybe wishful thinking, but after IW being lackluster and the efforts the devs have put into AM&TW and the MCU 10-Year Celebration, I'm hopeful this Anniversary will be bigger than previous years.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards

So I’m trying to think of what the Off Season events are – we have Balance of Power now, Earths Mightiest & Best Friends Forever upcoming. So that leaves Nefarious Foes, Black Vortex (is Claws for Thought one?) Children of the Atom. Any more?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    They usually run currency sales which end before anniversary starts (naturally, can't have people see anniversary offers and THEN let them decide if they want to buy hp for those).

Since no sales are running yet, September 27 isn't looking likely.
  • bluewolf
    DAZ0273 said:

So I’m trying to think of what the Off Season events are – we have Balance of Power now, Earths Mightiest & Best Friends Forever upcoming. So that leaves Nefarious Foes, Black Vortex (is Claws for Thought one?) Children of the Atom. Any more?

Best Friends Forever (now on the schedule after EM).  Also Combined Arms, Divine Champions (the most stagnant one, IMO, with so few recent additions to the boosted list).  If they really stretched they could find a Women of Marvel one that I think was run a couple of years ago.  They could even run the Deadpool one (PVP matchmaking).  There was also the Snowball Fight event, which was a one time event they ran last December.

Of course, they could just run some other normal PVP events in the off season too.

Bowgentle said:
    They usually run currency sales which end before anniversary starts (naturally, can't have people see anniversary offers and THEN let them decide if they want to buy hp for those).

Since no sales are running yet, September 27 isn't looking likely.
    Recently - while not the same as having a currency bonus with purchases (I refuse to call them "sales", as there is no discount in the price) - they did have a currency deal at the same time a new character was available (it may have been Wasp, or Loki).  I found it noteworthy, in that it effectively meant it was cheaper to pursue a new character.

They should have more faith in their offerings.  And dilution is awful!  Give people who want to spend a little hand here.  You'll probably get more spending if there's a currency bonus along with the Anniversary vault.

Lastly, I was looking at the bundles chain and noticed that if someone started with the Rare Avengers bundle and bought each one on the last day it was available (with the 4 day timers), you would effectively have a bundle (with discounted HP in some of them) through October 3/4.  There are/were 6 bundles.  I don't know if that predicts a normal Anniversary start date of October 4.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm thinking that they will start Anniversary off on Oct 4th with the release of a pretty big 4*. That doesn't necessarily have to be someone with a lot of name recognition but it could be someone like the next America. Not sure who they would go with though. I thought that they may have gone with a 5* Doom or Deadpool for the next 5* release and then do a 4* Kitty for Anniversary but who knows now. Maybe someone like Domino.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I asked Brigby about this and didn't get a reply so I'm assuming they aren't ready to release any info. If I had to guess, having a longer off-season means that we're getting the anniversary season right after.

And since it's the 5th Anniversary, we can only assume we're getting 5x ISO, right? Right?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I asked Brigby about this and didn't get a reply so I'm assuming they aren't ready to release any info. If I had to guess, having a longer off-season means that we're getting the anniversary season right after.

And since it's the 5th Anniversary, we can only assume we're getting 5x ISO, right? Right?
    I think I have a better shot at getting a date with Candice Swanepoel. Counting the covers that I'll soon get for Wiccan and Ghost I will have eleven fully covered 4s that need to be champed. Man I could really use that iso.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    I'm thinking that they will start Anniversary off on Oct 4th with the release of a pretty big 4*. That doesn't necessarily have to be someone with a lot of name recognition but it could be someone like the next America. Not sure who they would go with though. I thought that they may have gone with a 5* Doom or Deadpool for the next 5* release and then do a 4* Kitty for Anniversary but who knows now. Maybe someone like Domino.
    I am not sure who is coming up but I can see them announcing 2-3 new characters at anniversary time, but having them be released on the bi-weekly schedule like they did last year.  Last year we got MEH and gladiator Thor announced and had special LR with them but the release was spread out on the bi-weekly schedule.
  • JHawkInc
    The original Rogue release article mentioned Gambit and Nightcrawler in advance, and teased an X-Men event (Apocalypse), and she came out at the end of September, technically released before Anniversary ever started.

I wouldn't be surprised to have a heads up for a few characters at the same time, either.
  • bluewolf
    It looks like we may have 8 unconnected PVPs leading up to the Anniversary on 10/4. This is just conjecture, but we already have BFF scheduled, suggesting that no season is starting Thursday.  My theory is that the Infinity Stones are not something they would want to give via a short season, and rather than have a short season without one, they just won’t have a season for 2 1/2 weeks.