Next $5 Legscy Mythic Bundle? What would you like to see?

bk1234
bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
My question comes from a discussion outside of the forum where a newer player was asking which set is best to target to get good zombies...

I’m not a zombie fan, but I know they are well loved in both paper and PQ, however it’s hard (as an alliance leader) for me to advise a newer player to chase these cards in legacy packs — as they need Standard cards so desperately. 

However we all liked the $5 legscy mythc pack and I think it’s a great opportunity to allow players who have joined the game since certain sets rotated out to acquire some really cool collector cards. 

So so what would you like to see? 

Some of my thoughts:

Zombies 
Second Chance Purchases (Olivia, Gisela, Ulrich, Baral, Imminent Doom)
Legscy Crestureless Theme Packs (Behold the Beyond,Lost Legscy, etc) 

Comments

• nerdstrap
    nerdstrap Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Never understood why exclusives aren’t  always available for purchase 
  • bk1234
    edited September 2018
    nerdstrap said:
    Never understood why exclusives aren’t  always available for purchase 
    I agree with that. (But I also think they should never be lootable or craftable). They should be available in a rotation like PW with a reduced cost as their set relevance diminishes — and without bundles. 
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Olivia, Decimator, Ulrich

Let's level the playing field  :D
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Considering the last $5 Pack was 3 mythics of the same set in Legacy, I’d put up the following for zombie sets (one creature, one spell and one support - like the last one). My first mythic in this game was Relentless Dead and I learned to really love zombie decks:

SOI:
    Relentless Dead
    Behold the Beyond
    Harness the Storm (it’s the only mythic support in this set)

EMN:
    Gisa and Geralf
    Deploy the Gatewatch
    Mind’s Dilation (only mythic in set)

So there you go. Each bundle being $5 and I’m pretty sure that would go like hot cakes!
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards

the TG Kitchen sink build set:

Deploy The Gatewatch

Emrakul

Decimator

Baral

Startled Awake

Behold the Beyond

• bk1234
    Gabrosin said:
    Can we just get the option to pay $5 for three random non-duplicate legacy mythics?

Yes please!!!
  • NinjaE
    NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Gabrosin said:
    Can we just get the option to pay $5 for three random non-duplicate legacy mythics?

Shut up and take my money!!!!
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gabrosin said:

I feel like that is going dangerously into pay-to-win territory.  Someone could just drop 50 bucks and fully complete legacy.  I'm not a fan.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Mburn7 said:
    Gabrosin said:

I feel like that is going dangerously into pay-to-win territory.  Someone could just drop 50 bucks and fully complete legacy.  I'm not a fan.
    But you can't win... because there is nothing to win in legacy... lol

Anyway I think the real prize many people would love to buy is Imminent Doom.

Non-pack specific bomb set:

Baral
    Behold the Beyond
    Imminent Doom

All the pieces for a very strong non-creature focused deck.

HOU specific:
    Neheb, the Eternal
    Hour of Devastation
    Imminent Doom

That sets pretty darn good... all red... and a pretty nice translation from the actual story.

• babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh, and for me... I am missing gobs of BSZ cards. 

Drowner of Hope
    Exert Influence
    Part the Waterviel
  • Gunmix25
    Mburn7 said:
    Gabrosin said:

They can, in theory, already do that with crystals slash PP slash Orbs slash Crafting. *shrug*

• Mburn7
    Gunmix25 said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Gabrosin said:

They can, in theory, already do that with crystals slash PP slash Orbs slash Crafting. *shrug*

I think it would take a lot more money, though.
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Mburn7 said:
    Gabrosin said:

This is why it should be limited to Legacy only.

I don't think the devs have a good appreciation of how hard it is for players to "catch up" in Legacy if they're new to the game.  I've been playing about nine months.  You know how many non-Origins, pre-HOU mythics I have?  Two.  Legacy events don't happen very often, and when they do the rewards are meager, and the devs nerfed the one effective way to compete in them without having old power rares/mythics (namely cycling).

I can't see a reason why it should be so hard to gain access to all the fun old cards.  Even under my proposal it would cost me almost $250 to get all the mythics I'm missing, which is not something I'd pay into a mobile game.  But I might toss in $5 every so often to unlock a few new options and keep those Legacy events from getting stale.

• Gunmix25
    Mburn7 said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Gabrosin said:

I think it would take a lot more money, though.

well, yeah … they would be crazy to try but there are some that do.

• morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    startled would be a great addition to my crds but hate warpig playing with or agaisnt
  • nerdstrap
    nerdstrap Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Mburn7 said:
    Gabrosin said:

How does complaining about people who pay for content contribute to this discussion? Let people get what they want and your skills will keep you at your current level of rewards. 
  • Mburn7
    nerdstrap said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Gabrosin said:

How does complaining about people who pay for content contribute to this discussion? Let people get what they want and your skills will keep you at your current level of rewards. 
    Where in my response am I complaining about people who pay money?  All I said was giving 3 guaranteed non-dupe mythics for cash will make the game extremely pay-to-win.

That's not a complaint, its a statement of fact.  And as someone who finds the main appeal of this game (besides the MTG) the fact that it is not pay-to-win, I am not a fan of something that would jeopardize that.
  • ninjark
    ninjark Posts: 50 Match Maker
    They could always run the deal as a one-time, or once-a-month special.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    not guaranteed not to be dupes( out of the first 3 i had 1) plus so far all legacy which limits their use to a few select events not pay to win, more pay to help some