Power Season Recap

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2018 in MPQ General Discussion

Here are the recaps I did from the previous Reality, Soul, Mind and Space Season which can be found here

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72993/reality-stone-season-recap/p1 

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/73541/soul-season-recap#latest

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/74102/mind-season-recap#latest

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/74699/space-season-recap#latest

This is the requested information:

SL season level:

Score:  Top 5 ending scores and if you know what bracket or flip you were in. 

EXAMPLE:

SL 9-2nd flip I think

1st:  27964 

2nd:  26878

3rd:  26697

4th:  26189

5th:  24886

Once the season is over, if you can please post your season bracket info, that would be much appreciated.  If you want to send it to me on LINE, you can do that as well.  I will update this once all the data is received.  Thanks for your help.

Power Season Recap:

SL9: 4 brackets-Last Flip with 3573 players

SL8: 4 brackets-Last Flip with 928 players

SL7: 5 brackets-Last Flip with 1204 players

AL7-9 Total Players: 55707

+1211 from Space Season

-3244 from Mind Season

-4479 from Soul Season

-7228 from Reality Season

Space Season Recap:

SL9: 4 brackets-Last Flip with 4457 players
SL8: 4 brackets-Last Flip with 2221 players
SL7: 4 brackets-Last Flip with 2816 players

SL7-9 Total Players:  54494

Mind Season Recap:

SL9: 4 brackets-Last Flip with 3852 players
SL8: 4 brackets-Last Flip with 1732 players
SL7: 5 brackets-Last Flip with 2154 players

SL7-9 Total Players:  57738

-1235 from Soul Season

-3984 from Reality Season

Soul Season Recap:

SL 9:  4 brackets-Last Flip with 4013 players

SL8:  4 brackets-Last Flip with 2589 players

SL7:  5 brackets-Last Flip with 2341 players

SL 7-9 Total Players 58,973

Reality Season Recap: 

SL9: 4 brackets-Last Flip with 4432 players
SL8: 4 brackets-Last Flip with 4070 players
SL7: 5 brackets-Last Flip with 3220 players 

SL 7-9 Total Players 61,722

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    SL9 - 2nd or 3rd flip?  (joined late Sunday after the season started)

1st:      32501
    2nd:    24877
    3rd:     24165
    4th:     23293
    5th:     23219
  • The rockett
    For the first time in many seasons, we actually had an increase of players in SL7-9.  There was a total of 1,211 players in SL7-9 from the previous season.  This is a surprising with the current treads that we have been seeing.  This Power Stone support is the hands down best stone support and not sure if this had anything to do with it or not.  We will have to see if this trends continues. 
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    For the first time in many seasons, we actually had an increase of players in SL7-9.  There was a total of 1,211 players in SL7-9 from the previous season.  This is a surprising with the current treads that we have been seeing.  This Power Stone support is the hands down best stone support and not sure if this had anything to do with it or not.  We will have to see if this trends continues. 
    Wasn't this the first season post-Gambit nerf?
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fewer 4* pvp probably started to increase engagement again.
  • The rockett
    edited September 2018
    gravel said:
    Wasn't this the first season post-Gambit nerf?
    No.  It’s the 2nd season of Gambit nerf and 3rd of the Win Hybrid. 
  • The rockett
    Tony_Foot said:
    I have not tracked the number of 4* events with this so I don’t have a good answer. 
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Tony_Foot said:
    I have not tracked the number of 4* events with this so I don’t have a good answer. 
    Season 57 (power) had five 4-star events, two of which for new characters. Off season will be special?
    Season 56 (space) had four events (plus one more in the off season).  One new character.
    Season 55 (mind) had three events, one for new character (again one more in the off season).
    Season 54 (soul) had six 4-star events, two for new chars. And one in the off season.
    Before that, the only pvp's with 4-stars were for new characters and an occasional special event for an important date or such.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    SL7 last flip (I think. I joined with 9 days to go in season)
    1) 22245
    2) 20861
    3) 15358
    4) 14843
    5) 14399

Top 2 players had quite a battle. Both already had 3 infinity stone supports from prior season wins. Presumably they were surprised to see each other in the same bracket. :)

KGB
  • professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    I'd bet anything it was the Power Stone, but I believe it also is the first full season with 5* Wasp in the tokens so it could be that a bunch of people were excited about champing her and using her to shred their way to the top of the PVP leaderboards...but probably the Power Stone.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like to think that some people jumped in for the riso in Lethal Intent (Gamora's PVP).  That's a lotta riso!  There could also be a delay between changes and people adjusting their play.  AKA people hear that hybrid PVP is not bad, and finally decide to try it out.

ALL the increase in play was in SCL 7.  8 and 9 still lost players from the prior season.  Which suggests new players coming up vs top players coming back.   Hopefully those aren't alt accounts.  ;-)

People also like to say that players take it easy in the summer months.  Maybe some did and are coming back.  We will see how the next season goes, whenever that starts. 

The fact that we are still down a lot from a few months ago isn't good sign regardless.