I Wanna New Goon! (not a drug, nor a duck!)

Options
2»

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Neutral/Non-answer
    Any, really. More variety is good.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phumade said:
    why even worry about this?  Its no spoiler to say.  We will get a new pve when Cap Marvel movie arrives.  You can assured there will be a 4* associated with it.

Guarantee as one of the featured villains, there will be a new skrull goon.

Fun to theorycraft, but this is foregone conclusion, you will get new goon types when next major mcu movie drops
    Are we playing the same game?
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Other - Tell us who!
    I want to battle Hera.  (http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Hera_(Marvel))

I can't in life.  But, in the game, there would be something satisfying about downing her.  
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Other - Tell us who!
    Yep, I just gave a like to everyone that said Sentinels.  
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Neutral/Non-answer
    I'm game for any and all new content! :)  I also appreciate the Huey Lewis / Weird Al reference.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Other - Tell us who!
    Moloids, ideally with a 4* Moleman.

I imagine we'll get skrulls and an event with the Captain Marvel movie.

EDIT: Moloids / Moleman could also introduce a new ability where the character goes underground. I suppose it could just be invisibility, except said invisibility tile is technically a subterranean tile. If that tile is destroyed or matched, they lose invisibility. If the invisible/underground character uses an active ability the tile is destroyed. Some abilities would do more damage or have added effects if the character is invisible/subterranean when it's fired (i.e. a damage boost and ignoring enemy defense tiles.) AoE attacks could target them just the same as any invisible character, with an added passive feature of reduced damage.

Here's an idea for a Moleman power at 5 covers:

5 Yellow AP: Create two invisibility tiles and become invisible by going subterranean. This power cannot be fired while Moleman is invisible/subterranean. 

Passive: Every turn Moleman is invisible/subterranean, randomly create two yellow tiles.
    Passive: While Moleman is invisible/subterranean, all damage to him is reduced by 60% as long as there are 8 yellow tiles on the board.

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Adaptoids

EDIT: Moloids / Moleman could also introduce a new ability where the character goes underground. I suppose it could just be invisibility, except said invisibility tile is technically a subterranean tile. If that tile is destroyed or matched, they lose invisibility. If the invisible/underground character uses an active ability the tile is destroyed. Some abilities would do more damage or have added effects if the character is invisible/subterranean when it's fired (i.e. a damage boost and ignoring enemy defense tiles.) AoE attacks could target them just the same as any invisible character, with an added passive feature of reduced damage.

5 Yellow AP: Create two invisibility tiles and become invisible by going subterranean. This power cannot be fired while Moleman is invisible/subterranean. 

Passive: Every turn Moleman is invisible/subterranean, randomly create two yellow tiles.
    Passive: While Moleman is invisible/subterranean, all damage to him is reduced by 60% as long as there are 8 yellow tiles on the board.

This all has me giddy for a Mole Monster Boss Battle!
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other - Tell us who!
    jackstar0 said:

This all has me giddy for a Mole Monster Boss Battle!
    I really want him to be playable, but if they make a boss version of him I wouldn't mind it if he summoned and/or rode Giganto. Both the playable and boss version of him should be able to summon moloids, of course.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sentinels all day
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Other - Tell us who!
    Space Dogs - Infinity War
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Other - Tell us who!
    “Putties” from thee Mighty Morphin Power Rangers...season 1.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would really like Sentinels but I wonder whether they might consider having another robotic goon type as too similar as we already have Ultron flunkies and Doombots. I guess if we got a Days of Future Past story event that would be the justification but I fear that boat has probably long sailed. :neutral: 

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RE: ^^

The fact that they are robots might increase their likelihood of being included.  Even though this isn't a game where you're "killing" the AI, a lot of shows and games and movies based on mass appeal properties like to avoid person v person battles. That's why you see a lot of robot, monster, and alien bad guys. Destroying a robot or "killing" a monster/alien is seen as less controversial.

Now, maybe they don't care. Most of the material in this game is person v person. But it could be one of those tiebreak considerations.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm all for new goon types, but honestly what needs and overhaul is LRs and the "PVP Story mode".

The only PvE events there are at the Boss events... there is no time-pressure, and you can clear whenever you want (within reason).

Every other "Story" event are PvP.  You have to play as fast as possible, so that you can finish your clears ahead of other people.  There's no room for exploring new goon abilities, and in most cases the new content (danger tiles) just add frustration as they slow the pace down.

The fundamental design of Story-mode placement rewards means speed is king, until that changes, this feature doesn't get my vote as an area to invest time in.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Other - Tell us who!
    Villain Goons:
    • Hydra
    • A.I.M.
    • Sentinels
    • Microverse Insectoids
    • M.L.F.
    • Spider-Slayers (Kingpin/Smythe/Doc Oc/Osborne creations, depending on which source)
    • Frost Giants (or any other Asgaardian enemy races)
    Hero Goons (or at least, not-pure-evil goons):
    • Nova Squad
    • Police (NYC or city based events)
    • Military (for country based events, or a new Hulk event that corresponds with any of his tiers getting revamped and not being awful)
    • Morlocks
    • S.W.O.R.D.
    • Any sort of wild/enhanced animals (Lions, Tigers, and Bears Oh My!)