Why can't you quit MPQ?

Options
The forum is full of threads highlighting the various issues we have with the game, yet we keep coming back. The only reason I can imagine we do is there is something each of us loves about this game. What is it for you?

I keep playing because I enjoy my alliance in part, but mainly for the reason I got hooked in the first place. Watching my roster steadily expand and improve.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Because cocaine is illegal...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Oh so true. Assuredly somebody is grinding heavy metal at this very moment after doing a few lines though.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Lemme tell ya, Berserker Rage is twice as life-changing when enhanced by... lifestyle enhancers.

But seriously, I would've stopped playing long ago were it not for alliances. Playing a game that has a simple progression scheme (get Iso, HP, and sweet covers) with a bunch of slightly deranged "Internet friends" is quite fun. The fact that it's asynchronous and on my phone (instead of tethered to my home theater system) allows me to pick up and play... and never put down... even when I'm brushing my teeth.
  • Unknown
    Options
    drmrm420 wrote:
    Watching my roster steadily expand and improve.
    HailMary wrote:
    But seriously, I would've stopped playing long ago were it not for alliances. Playing a game that has a simple progression scheme (get Iso, HP, and sweet covers) with a bunch of slightly deranged "Internet friends" is quite fun.
    Probably for the same reasons...and also because I enjoy to pour all kinds of posts through the threads to keep our sexy & insane MPQ community. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    I'm sorry if I often can't post in serious thread...not because I don't want...but sadly I can't explain me well in english, and don't want to give headaches to everybody here...
  • Unknown
    Options
    I can, and am regularly encouraged to do so.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Because Flappy Bird is not available.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Trust me, I desperately want to. The rate at which they bring about balance changes is absurd, and they're turning a blind eye to several real issues and just choosing to instead keep shoveling out one character after another without improving on the actual core gameplay. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to bring myself to quit after Season 1 ends, as the pressure to maintain a standing with my alliance will be gone (albeit the pressure is very low now, given everyone's burnt out and our high placement in the top 100 is practically guaranteed at this point). I enjoyed it for a bit, but if they can't choose to bring characters more in line with one another and instead choose the path of gradual power creep (rather than, say, what TF2 does where it's constant sidegrades and alternatives), then Demiurge can just bite me.

Not to mention their half-kittened excuse for why many characters aren't in the game. "They weren't around during Dark Reign, pbbbttt" yeah neither was Hulk or Nick Jr. but whatever, you keep using that excuse.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Progression is so slow it gives you the illusion of 'building something'. So the more time you spend, the stronger the feelings of this being something tangible and worthwhile mount up.

At some point, something will break the illusion. Summer's just around the corner ...
  • djpt05
    djpt05 Posts: 178
    Options
    just.... one... more... match....

I'm also about to catch the dragon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBVkk5rW0lw
  • Unknown
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Progression is so slow it gives you the illusion of 'building something'. So the more time you spend, the stronger the feelings of this being something tangible and worthwhile mount up.

At some point, something will break the illusion. Summer's just around the corner ...

And you'll be able to play MPQ while tanning on the beach icon_e_smile.gif

I wonder if some guys play when they f**k. Most of us do while we s**t, one just said while brushing his teeth...

I'll just open a thread about that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Its a game with marvel characters duh!!!!

And I need a puzzle game to distract me when I'm on my break when I'm substituting at an elementary school, until I get a real teaching job

Plus I haven't used my Android tablet for a while so yeah
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Because it's Puzzle Quest. Very, very few games have drew me in as completely and quickly as the original Puzzle Quest. Then I found this game on Google Play and discovered that they had combined Puzzle Quest with another current obsession -- Marvel.

Now, I probably wouldn't be playing quite as much without alliances, but I'd still be playing. The competition aspects of the game don't always appeal to me, but the base mechanics of fighting battles via match-3? I really enjoy that.
  • T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Because I'm waiting for the season to end so my alliance can get ONE fury cover ( they seem to think that's a great thing apparently). But after that I'm done with MPQ.

Having to schedule my life around refresh times, and pvp that just isn't fun anymore are pretty bad. But honestly I probably would have kept playing despite these shortcomings.

The final straw for me is the complete lack of respect the devs have for their player base which was made very apparent with this whole reward and server problems snafu. Not a single explanation from the devs.

They could have dropped in and let us know what's going on. Better yet, put a message on the news alert within the app itself (you know, like every other game does).

There are other games out there that are much more worthy of my time/money.

Edit: they finally posted a msg in the app about how rewards will be delayed. And it only took them 36 hours to do that icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    drmrm420 wrote:
    The forum is full of threads highlighting the various issues we have with the game, yet we keep coming back. The only reason I can imagine we do is there is something each of us loves about this game. What is it for you?

I keep playing because I enjoy my alliance in part, but mainly for the reason I got hooked in the first place. Watching my roster steadily expand and improve.
    It is a fast game with most matches taking between 1-5 minutes, has Marvel heroes/villains, I have put a lot of time in it and it would feel like all of it was wasted if I leave now that I am getting in the 3* league, etc.

I have to give props to the devs though for doing everything they can to drive people away. Recently, we learned that their servers experienced problems with the number of players that is connected on peak. Additional servers and server maintenance can cost a lot, so I think they would be more than happy to see most of the 3* players (who have no reason to spend anymore since most heroes are maxed) leave the game. I bet a thought that crosses their minds is "**** are you still doing here? Go away, you pests."
  • V1rusHunter
    V1rusHunter Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thumb keeps swiping up, down, left, right. Might as well be doing something fun while I'm at it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Very few games hold my attention as long as MPQ has, so I feel I have lot invested. The match-3 mechanic mixed with RPG elements has a lot of potential. However, I think MPQ is lacking in the RPG department as most players outgrow the Story in about a month and then everything becomes a competition. I was holding out hope that we'd see more fun additions to the game, but I'm getting very close to giving up.
  • Unknown
    Options
    drmrm420 wrote:
    Oh so true. Assuredly somebody is grinding heavy metal at this very moment after doing a few lines though.

So that is where is Daken is! LMFAO icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    It's like staring at a car crashing. I want look away, but I'm also curious how bad it will be... icon_razz.gif

I really lover the core game, it's just I hate what the meta game is becoming, so it's kind of a dilemma.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I love Marvel.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Because it hasn't stopped being fun for me yet.