Are supports supposed to be this rare?

zonatahunt
zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
Simply put, I finally pulled my first support token in forever.  Between this token and the one before...I’ve opened 87 Legendary Tokens!  That’s simply absurd.  Are supports the first in-game item that is blatantly meant to be bought with real world currency?  It’s hard to care about Supports when I’d have better luck having tea with Bigfoot.

Am I completely off base on this?

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, until the devs decide to make them more available they are apparently meant to be this rare.

Should they be that rare is a whole other conversation. I feel the need to have them at least slightly more accessible. Either through champ rewards or progression in story events, something, anything more than what they have done so far. The rollout on these is entirely too glacial.
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Maybe they should have a 10CP Support Token Store.
  • Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    I think  Pitney are basically in some of the event vaults and some H4H pulls (and winning a season).  They are more rare than 5*.  They are the next “level of rarity” above 5*... so should be, especially the 3-5 * supports .    I have about 1/2 of them... 

it will also take time to raise them up wit RedISO... 

think about out how long it takes to save for 13 5* cards to champ ... (300+ LP )... the higher levels are not about immediate gratification.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    You can wait for them to give out Support Tokens for special events. I think they have given out at least 10 non-Master Support tokens since Support was launched. 

You can buy Support tokens bundle deal with 4800 HP or 250 CP every two weeks without using real currency. Whether you think it's worth it or not is another matter.

If Support tokens are available to be purchased with CP, I think we are looking at between 30 to 40 CP per token. The 250 CP bundled deal has 1 Master Tokens, 3 Advanced Tokens, 1 4-star and some Red Iso-8. Say 4-star cost 120CP, the rest of the 4 support tokens will cost 130CP. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can wait for them to give out Support Tokens for special events. I think they have given out at least 10 non-Master Support tokens since Support was launched. 

You can buy Support tokens bundle deal with 4800 HP or 250 CP every two weeks without using real currency. Whether you think it's worth it or not is another matter.

If Support tokens are available to be purchased with CP, I think we are looking at between 30 to 40 CP per token. The 250 CP bundled deal has 1 Master Tokens, 3 Advanced Tokens, 1 4-star and some Red Iso-8. Say 4-star cost 120CP, the rest of the 4 support tokens will cost 130CP. 
    You need to have an incredible roster farm to make supports reasonably achievable.

More likely you have a fully established and rotation 3* farm, and significant 4* champ farm with double digt maxchamps.

Inevitably SR180+ rosters can generate the hp/cp to afford the bundles on ftp basis.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Part of the game has always been about making choices. As a FTP, I've bought a couple of CP based Support bundles because I don't have the HP to buy the HP based support bundle. I understand what the tradeoffs are and I'm fine with that. It takes me about 3 weeks to hit 250CP and I think that's a well calculated pace to get those HP-strapped but CP-rich 3-star or 3 to 4 star transitioning players to have a mean to participate in the bundle deal. I'm aware of the "perfect" way to play the game but I'm happy with my choices.

So, it doesn't take a 3 star or 3 star to 4 star transitioning player SR180 to afford the deal ona ftp basis. He just has to make a choice. 10 LT/12 Classic or CP based Bundle deal. Or drop some cash if that player wants the HP based support deal.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think that they're probably going to wait for cl 10 before they start to make them more accessible. Even at level 250 though, and only currently available to use in pve, as a whole they just don't have much appeal to me. They just need better abilities like being immune to team damage, go airborne if you were to receive a certain amount of damage or 20% chance to fire off a free power at the start of battle. Stuff like that would definitely make me care more.