End-game content?

dr tinykittylove
dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
I've asked this in surveys and other places before, but will there ever be a new, different game mode?

I'm on day 1680, all my 1*s are maxed, all my 2*s are on perpetual farm rotation, all my 3*s have been champed 2 or more times,  I have a few maxed 4*s, only Emma, Nebula and Dazzler unchamped for obvious reasons, only Loki unchamped for the 5*s, 0 interest in gambling for red iso.

Pvp is still pvp, pve is still pve, ddq is still ddq. I've given up pvp, vaguely considering playing pve because new character blah blah, keep forgetting to play ddq. There's no end-game content, only end-grind discontent.

Is there any reason to hang around for the anniversary?

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mobile games rarely have end game contents because they depends on microtransactions to keep the servers running and to make profits. 

Get a PC or console game if you want something with an end-goal. MPQ will still be match-3 game after this anniversary and most of your rewards are still going to come from PvE, PvP and DDQ. You still have to grind for rewards and for progression. 
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mobile games rarely have end game contents because they depends on microtransactions to keep the servers running and to make profits. 

Get a PC or console game if you want something with an end-goal. MPQ will still be match-3 game after this anniversary and most of your rewards are still going to come from PvE, PvP and DDQ. You still have to grind for rewards and for progression. 
    I mean things to do for people who already have it all. I don't need rewards. I need to not be bored.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

I mean things to do for people who already have it all. I don't need rewards. I need to not be bored.
    They haven't done endgame content for 5 years.
    No reason to expect them to suddenly implement it.

Give up, join me in retirement.
    It's peaceful and a lot less boring.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    The game definitely suffers from not having enough content. Pve is insanely dull in how you pretty much have to play on a set schedule for a shot at the best rewards. Race through a sub as fast as you can, come back like 23 hrs later to do it again. Oh but I can play pvp in the time that I'm waiting to play the next sub of pve. Farm some iso and 2* covers until I get bored. DDQ? I do that every morning. Doesn't take long to finish.

If MPQ had Marvel Contest of Champions' amount of content then I would be in heaven. Imagine if they expanded the Prologue from being aimed mainly at 1-2* players to all the way up to 5* level content so there was something for every player.  Five subs currently. Imagine that there were like 50-100 regular subs of it. New stories added each off-season and limited time subs based on new characters too that could reward a cover if you do 100% of the missions. Compete in Hearts of Darkness for Dazzler placement rewards and you would also have two weeks to play a Dazzler inspired story sub in the Prologue to unlock a random Dazzler cover. This would be a great answer for people like myself that are always wanting more progression only content. OMG this has to happen. Just thinking about playing through some Dazzler disco missions is getting me excited.

What else could you add to the game? A pve season that overlapped with the pvp season but offered side content like the gauntlet, Heroics with very limited rosters, a revamped Boss Rush, ten round wave nodes that reward a 4* cover if you can beat the last wave, seven day events, mini alliance events and puzzle challenges similar to fighting Kaecilius and Apocalypse. 

The game also desperately needs a training mode so you can test out different character combinations and you would not need health packs in this mode.
  • shardwick
    OJSP said:
    shardwick said:
    A lot of ideas.
    I don’t have the time to do all that everyday. 3 hours per day is already too much for a game. Making me choose and skip some contents will put me off the game completely.
    Since you first started playing MPQ have you always done absolutely everything that the game has had to offer? I know I didn't. I'd wager that most people that play the game don't do more than DDQ in a given day. I have a good feeling about that because when my alliance goes public and some randoms join I'll check out how much they've played in the current pve and pvp events and they usually have a big fat 0 in points or if they've done anything then they have only done the very first mission and then quit. Adding more content isn't a bad thing especially since the content that I'm talking about would appeal to more casual players anyway.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's still strange to me how much people ask for out of a match game. Five years of multiple hours per day entertainment is pretty spectacular. If this were Madden, you'd be 4 games collecting dust on a shelf by now.

Not saying it's unfair to be bored, or pointing to the OP specifically as being unreasonable. You're not. At all. But posts like this one always make me take stock of how much time I've really spent on this game and.... Wow. I spend $12 on a movie ticket to watch the Avengers for 2.5 hours. Relatively speaking, I owe the devs about $80,000. LoL. 
  • Bowgentle
    Borstock said:
    It's still strange to me how much people ask for out of a match game. Five years of multiple hours per day entertainment is pretty spectacular. If this were Madden, you'd be 4 games collecting dust on a shelf by now.

Not saying it's unfair to be bored, or pointing to the OP specifically as being unreasonable. You're not. At all. But posts like this one always make me take stock of how much time I've really spent on this game and.... Wow. I spend $12 on a movie ticket to watch the Avengers for 2.5 hours. Relatively speaking, I owe the devs about $80,000. LoL. 
    In MPQ terms you would have needed to watch other movies for 3 hours every day for the last 3 years to qualify for a 15% chance to watch 1/13th of Avengers.
  • shardwick
    OJSP said:
    shardwick said:
    Since you first started playing MPQ have you always done absolutely everything that the game has had to offer? 
    I’m not ashamed to admit: Yes, I think so. Apart from the first few weeks when I didn’t know I could skip a retal node and I felt bad repeatedly hitting LokivsLeah.

I skipped a lot of seed nodes back then too because of that. I'm kinda surprised that Demi hasn't made a joke off-season pvp event where all of the retals are by those characters.

@Borstock I don't think it's too much to want to see the game get fleshed out a bit more. Add some variety and it would help address some issues that people have like getting less iso during events with 48 hr subs. Just have gauntlet run at the same time as side content.
  • Borstock
    Does the Gauntlet "flesh the game out"? How? It's just more to do. And for everyone asking for more story, there's about a thousand people who never even look at those screens and would actually prefer if you could elect to skip them entirely. 

I like different game modes, but even people asking for more than just the same goon and Dark Avengers nodes feel like people who are just trying to beat those nodes as fast as humanly possible. Does it really matter if it's Moonstone or Ghost if you're trying to down them in 45 seconds? Maybe that would add to the game for you, but... Eh.

I'm not saying the game is perfect and can't be improved. I just think that these games aren't infinite. At some point, you're gonna get bored. Maybe that doesn't point to the game lacking anything. Maybe it's just time to play another game. 
  • Borstock
    Bowgentle said:
    Borstock said:

In MPQ terms you would have needed to watch other movies for 3 hours every day for the last 3 years to qualify for a 15% chance to watch 1/13th of Avengers.
    If your only goal is to cover 5* characters. 
  • Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Bowgentle said:

They haven't done endgame content for 5 years.
    No reason to expect them to suddenly implement it.

Give up, join me in retirement.
    It's peaceful and a lot less boring.

For a guy who quit... you spend a lot of time posting on the game message boards .... seems like you may want to either quit this also, ot start playing again.
  • shardwick
    Borstock said:
    Does the Gauntlet "flesh the game out"? How? It's just more to do. And for everyone asking for more story, there's about a thousand people who never even look at those screens and would actually prefer if you could elect to skip them entirely. 

I like different game modes, but even people asking for more than just the same goon and Dark Avengers nodes feel like people who are just trying to beat those nodes as fast as humanly possible. Does it really matter if it's Moonstone or Ghost if you're trying to down them in 45 seconds? Maybe that would add to the game for you, but... Eh.

I'm not saying the game is perfect and can't be improved. I just think that these games aren't infinite. At some point, you're gonna get bored. Maybe that doesn't point to the game lacking anything. Maybe it's just time to play another game. 
    That's the point of fleshing a game out. You add more content so that people have more options of things to do. That doesn't mean that you are going to be forced to do the additional content yourself. And I already covered earlier in the thread exactly how I would flesh it out more. It's not just add the gauntlet and then the game is officially fleshed out or something. Bringing back the gauntlet is just one of many things that I would do.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    They should make an "endless" mode. Like a single node that let's you test how strong your roster or best team is. It'd be a wave node and keeps cycling in bigger and bigger characters until you finally die. Make it ramp up over like 1000 levels, so no one would ever complete it. Give increasing progression rewards that can only be unlocked once. So the only way to get more rewards is to build up your roster and progress higher.

It could be the new bragging rights. "I got to wave 139..."

It wouldn't take that long to program and you just leave it permanently. You can have it unlock at CL9 or 10.

Though I guess you'd have to account for winfinite combos...
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee said:
    They should make an "endless" mode. Like a single node that let's you test how strong your roster or best team is. It'd be a wave node and keeps cycling in bigger and bigger characters until you finally die. Make it ramp up over like 1000 levels, so no one would ever complete it. Give increasing progression rewards that can only be unlocked once. So the only way to get more rewards is to build up your roster and progress higher.

It could be the new bragging rights. "I got to wave 139..."

It wouldn't take that long to program and you just leave it permanently. You can have it unlock at CL9 or 10.

Though I guess you'd have to account for winfinite combos...
    It have to be a seperate no rewards placement or progression pay as you go test mode.

maybe test mode replaces prologue for scl9 rosters.

eliminate standard tokens and replace them with test mode tickets.
    Give everybody 10 test mode tickets every day plus any replaced std tokens.

That everyone can "Pay" for test mode environment to build the specific match type they want (including custom wave game types, with Super venom and original Gigantic dynosaur lizard..  I agree it doesn't need to be endless or free for the community.  There are ways to pay for a test mode that are only realistic for high tier rosters to achieve on a reasonable ftp profile..

It will be up to the devs to figure out that realistic price,  but this is a great way to replace a wasted tab that that doesn't impact the vast majority of the online community.
  • Hilk
    OJSP said:
    Hilk said:
    For a guy who quit... you spend a lot of time posting on the game message boards .... seems like you may want to either quit this also, ot start playing again.
    He said retire, not quit. In MPQ, retiring means entirely different than quitting.
    So... you are saying he did what... sold his account (see the zombie thread)... is he playing still or not.

if he is, great - don’t say you are retired.
    if he is not playing, why spend the time to comment.
    Perhaps the devs should look at his “retired” account (and lock it?) - he obviously does not need it, right?
  • Bowgentle
    Hilk said:
    OJSP said:
    Hilk said:
    He said retire, not quit. In MPQ, retiring means entirely different than quitting.
    So... you are saying he did what... sold his account (see the zombie thread)... is he playing still or not.

if he is, great - don’t say you are retired.
    if he is not playing, why spend the time to comment.
    Perhaps the devs should look at his “retired” account (and lock it?) - he obviously does not need it, right?
    I'm not sure what your problem is, but my account is none of your business.
    And yes, it it still mine.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    ***Mod mode: ON***

Just a friendly reminder to keep this thread on topic. Thank you.

***Mod Mode: OFF***
  • Hilk
    More content that could be done as people had time would be great ( whatever form it is - similar to the prologue, some new type of event, etc -
    Anyone who likes Marvel and not in the rat race ( Bowgentle (apologies - glad to hear you are still playing for fun) and myself may both be In this category ) would likely appreciate this.

Different content for PvE would be nice also - even if people rush thru the stories there ( perhaps more new game mechanics/opponents matter there)
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congratulations!  You've reached the "end" of MPQ (all characters are champed except new ones).  Now it's time to quit and find something better to do with your time.  Enjoy.