Greg knows your secrets!

Options
I was playing today against Bolas and I had played dreadwaters twice, which Traps Five for each card and drains 6 mana from Bolas and gains me 3.   Bolas's colors are Red, Blue, and Black.  Lucky me, almost all of the "invisible" traps are on his matches!  

Well, what do you know, Greg chooses to match white!  The next turn Greg matches loyalty as opposed to mana!  The next turn he matches red that is the ONLY red on the board without a Trap.....

I know Greg needs help, but that is outright cheating.... Please make a Bot that doesn't PEEK at my traps, cards, etc.
Tagged:

Comments

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also pretty much everyone avoids trap matches when Greg plays trap cards. It makes sense that he would too. 
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    He doesn't know your cards.. But greg does indeed know where the traps are. But you can, too : when there are traps active, just tap the gems in question : the opponent will lighten up when you tap one of his traps
    I've been playing for almost 2 years and am just now finding this out. 
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I would consider this a bug. I’m surprised a moderator hasn’t moved it to the bug section yet. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Its funny, for the longest time it looked like Greg would go out of his way to match trap gems (I used to see Lil ignore 3 black matches to make a white one with 3 trap gems).

Ever since the AI difficulty shuffle when Ixalan came out Greg has been avoiding traps like the plague.  I've seen the exact thing you described happen a few times with Magistrate's Scepter.
  • Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options
    He doesn't know your cards.. But greg does indeed know where the traps are. But you can, too : when there are traps active, just tap the gems in question : the opponent will lighten up when you tap one of his traps
    Wow, I swear...  every time I complain, I learn something new.  I think a book could be written outlining all the "features" that are never highlighted or mentioned in any game play instructions. 
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Being able to see here traps are is a bug in my book, the idea should be that they are invisible if you ask me
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Being able to see here traps are is a bug in my book, the idea should be that they are invisible if you ask me
    If its a bug its a very very old one.  I've been using it since I started playing (back when Zendikar was new)
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wait what you can see traps how is this a thing and how did I not know this???
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Yeah, tap random gems and the support/walker will light up like with activate gems
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Yeah, tap random gems and the support/walker will light up like with activate gems
    That's great to know, yet I feel like I'll probably have forgotten that by the next time I face an opponent who plays traps.

Would've been a game changer back in BfZ/Innistrad though...
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Where is @FindingHeart8 with an Admiral Akbar Meme? :D  

I had no idea about this trick. Thank you.

• Mburn7
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:

Probably still dealing with his morning coffee.  Give it time.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Gunmix25 said:

Probably still dealing with his morning coffee.  Give it time.
    httpsiimgurcoml3VnwZ8png
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:

Related image
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Related image
    And all is right as rain.  :)
  • Stalker
    Stalker Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Why care when traps don’t hurt the AI?
  • Skiglass6
    Skiglass6 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Why would traps not hurt AI?  Shadows of the Past would do 4 dmg to AI and I would gain 4 life if Greg would hit a trap.  The revalation that Greg actively selects suboptimal mana gain to avoid traps frustrated me when it was first brought up. I would be fine if Greg knew that the traps were on black and was programmed to avoid black matches but not ok if Greg knows that a black match that doesn’t have a trap is ok to select. But I also never knew the trick to find them myself. So I guess we are on a level playing field. 
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is why they made STV so Greg would have no choice but to hit your traps. 
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gideon said:
    This is why they made STV so Greg would have no choice but to hit your traps. 

Grin. Yes, I've often put trap cards in my decks when playing Koth...