So when the 6* tier happens and we get a new Wolverine...

Options
2»

Comments

• darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    (Disclaimer: This is not an official announcement. I simply enjoy coming up with ideas on occasion, and this is one of my personal ones I'd like to share)

What if 6-Star characters did exist, but they were only playable in a special event? These 6-Star characters would also be, as @JHawkInc put it, "the crazy nuts one-off things" like a Phoenix-Possessed Wolverine, Beyonder, or Franklin Richards. They'd also be set to some crazy level like....level 750!
    This could have some merit if tied to storyline... Similar to the Strange event where you are loaned 5* Strange for the last battle. 
  • charmbots
    charmbots Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    My big worry about the 6* tier is what they will call it. In my mind, they have already got the names of the 4*(Legendary) and 5*(Epic) tiers back to front...
    I think the solution to this would be to have tier above 5* be starless with an unnamed rarity. It could contain the characters that are the cosmic forces of the marvel universe like Beyonder, Living Tribunal, and of course Stan Lee. 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We don't need another tier.  We need a better way to get 5* covers. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This reminds me of how 5*s were originally advertised.  Powerful variants that could be immediately used with only 1 cover.

How long did that last?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If we get another Wolverine I'd much prefer either his bone claw variant or Age of Apocalypse variant.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If we get another Wolverine I'd much prefer either his bone claw variant or Age of Apocalypse variant.
    Zombie Wolverine!
    Or maybe even Dormammu-verse Wolverine!

• mega ghost
    Options
    pheregas said:
    Zombie Wolverine!

If we're going with odd one-off variants, then I'd like Wolverine (Lord of the Vampires).

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,565 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    astonishing      extravagant      incredible       phenomenal       stupendous
    astounding       fantastic           marvelous     remarkable         super
    awesome          fabulous          outrageous      spectacular        wonderful.....

I personally like Phenomenal, but Marvelous would be funny :)

grenadier said:
    Name for tier 6....Cosmic!

We hear about "Power Cosmic" and "Cosmic Awareness" and so on.  Seems like you would have to go "cosmic" to beat out "epic".
    Surely it should be the Excelsior tier... and don't call me Shirley.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If anything described this game, I'm not sure "Ever onwards" is necessarily it.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    charmbots said:
    My big worry about the 6* tier is what they will call it. In my mind, they have already got the names of the 4*(Legendary) and 5*(Epic) tiers back to front...
    I think the solution to this would be to have tier above 5* be starless with an unnamed rarity. It could contain the characters that are the cosmic forces of the marvel universe like Beyonder, Living Tribunal, and of course Stan Lee. 
    Starless and available in all tokens (chance would be something ridiculous like 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,000..). Everyone would pull their hoard, spend more just to roll the dice again.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    pheregas said:
    Zombie Wolverine!

If we're going with odd one-off variants, then I'd like Wolverine (Lord of the Vampires).

I love it! I have this comic but I only bought it because it had the Punisher on the cover! :D
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    JSP869 said:
    I love it! I have this comic but I only bought it because it had the Punisher on the cover! :D
    There's a lot of comics I ended up buying because Jane Thorster was in it.

Gwenpool is a notable example. Gurihiru drew an absolutely gorgeous Thor. I bought the first volume just for the second issue where she appeared. I ended up buying all the volumes after because Gwenpool was one of the most enjoyable and fun comedy comics I've ever read. REALLY good meta humour that doesn't do the usual "lol memes!" deadpool stuff and genuinely well written characters and situations.

They even made Batroc the Leaper into a likable, well written character, too!

• mega ghost
    Options
    JSP869 said:
    pheregas said:
    Zombie Wolverine!

It features Punisher with the Cloak of Levitation!

This comic lived in my bathroom several apartments back, so I've pored over it more than most.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No 6* ever!!!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    Hope no-one minds me bumping this up to give the obvious candidate for 6* Doctor Doom.

Of course, they still need to give us the 5* version first.

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As long as we get King Phoenix and Loki The End next after Old Man Phoenix and Swiss-Army Doom (it's faster than trying to read out all of his titles), I'm down.