PvP endtimes

Options
Will they ever be EU friendly?

Comments

• exactly!

most of the time i am at a pretty high rank before i go to bed and then when i woke up.... -432543555 points icon_e_sad.gif

i love the game, but i cant stay up all night for the better rewards :/
  • Just out of curiosity (not meaning to be rude at all) but what would your solution be? It's going to be unfair to someone regardless of what time they have it since even in the same time zones, not everyone keeps the same schedules.
  • Rotate times with 4 or 6 hours interval each new tourney.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    It's always possible that we could do something like that in the future. The current timing works out well for us to monitor server load and such when the tourneys start so that if something goes wonky, we're around to fix it immediately.
  • Unknown
    edited October 2013
    Options
    At current it ends at midnight in US, and around noon in Asia. Unfortunately, that ekes out European time, at about 5 am.

The best time configuration, I believe would be:
    Asia: Midnight
    US: Noon
    EU: 5 pm

This is assuming the developer is based in the US. However, if they are based in Asia (as they did mention the end time coincides with their working hours), then the original time will have to stick.
  • ArchJojo wrote:
    Rotate times with 4 or 6 hours interval each new tourney.

Rotating isn't a good idea. We have to remember that the Devs are also on office hours.
  • The main issue I have with the way current tournaments run is how it is more of a sprint rather than a marathon. You can have a week long tournament, but it really boils down to what happens in the last day, or specifically the last hour. Simply put, it is far too easy to drag down highly ranked players. The points loss is too great when you're at the top. It is typical to be at the top 5, and wake up the next day at number 100+...

Cut down the points gained from the top players, though it should still be higher than hitting the low ranks. In addition, because of the massive points given out to all players for hitting the top dogs, the top 10 places change around too often. It should change, but on a more gradual rate, with greater predictability as well. The way to do this is to narrow the points reward gap between defeating high/low ranked players, and probably to drop all points rewards on the whole.
  • Bombul wrote:
    The main issue I have with the way current tournaments run is how it is more of a sprint rather than a marathon. You can have a week long tournament, but it really boils down to what happens in the last day, or specifically the last hour. Simply put, it is far too easy to drag down highly ranked players. The points loss is too great when you're at the top. It is typical to be at the top 5, and wake up the next day at number 100+...

I agree though with only 200 in the current tournament, the drop wasn't so bad (though people from outside your tournament still attack you and you them so it's not a true fix though a small improvement) but I still dropped from #2 to #16 overnight which is a big difference in the reward payout. Another issue, which IceIX already said they are looking into, is people cheating the system to attack you multiple times at once (by using multiple devices). I lost over 50 points to one player today because they attacked me two times consecutively; I probably should just be glad they didn't have 3 devices to cheat with lol.
  • Was in top 5 for 2 days. Now having a hard time getting back in top 10. And I want spidey. Been at 768 yesterday bur cannot seem to get back over 700 today. Not even close anymore...
  • I think they should be two scores, one that's your PvP score that can be attacked as normal that counts to the tournament end reward and one that's accumulative that counts to the personal progression rewards.

I'm trying to get spidey too which is just turning into a dangling carrot which I'm losing interest in if my score is being knocked back all the time whilst asleep and at work. The end tournament reward is based on position, so you could actually come first with 200 points if everyone else is doing worse, so only having this score being attacked gives you competition without crippling your progression through the other rewards.