Using AI suggested moves?

sambrookjm
sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
On a whim today, I tried to use the moves suggested by the AI for a couple of matches.  The first one was the 5-star required node in The Hunt, using OML, 5-star Strange (both LVL 450 and champed) and my LVL 365 4/2/0 5-star Cap.  The second one was my LVL 292 X-23 vs Elektra Crash of the Titans.

Each time, the first three moves that the AI suggested ended in setting up cascades for the other team.  In the Hunt node, it was enough for Mystique to Shapeshift and Masterstroke before any of my three characters could fire off a power.  The 48K damage from that combination of powers was more than enough to take out the fully healed OML.  Strange went down shortly after thanks to a 32K Merciless Crush sitting in the corner, and Cap was toast a couple of turns later.

In the Elektra match, it didn't go much better.  I did manage to get up to 8 red AP before Elektra cast her Ballet of Death trap, which started sucking red away from my X-23.  Even with her healing ability cranked up to 5, X-23 died a horrible death as Elektra just kept casting stuff with the AP she was stealing from me.  Three Shadow Steps certainly didn't help my case.

When I went on my own, and didn't even think about the AI suggestions (except the one or two times when it found the match before I did) both fights went much better.  Has anyone else tried to use the AI suggested moves for any amount of time?  Did they do any good?  Did they lead into cascades for the AI more frequently than you would expect?

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pretty much only use them when there's no other move available. Occasionally they are good, but pretty rarely, it seems.

Interestingly, they seem to be chosen by a different algorithm than the AI uses for the enemy team moves, since I've seen it suggest Match-3s when there was a Match-4 on the board.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    I think those suggestions should not be considered as 'good' matches. It's just a helper to indicate a possible move, that is occasionally helpful when the board is 'stuck' and you can't find the only available match (or one of the few available matches) quickly.

I have a hunch the suggestion will just be a random one, so if a lot of moves are available it will probably not be an especially good one.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only time that I want the suggested move is if I can't find the match and it's usually when I'm racing against the clock in pve and it feels like the computer takes forever to tell me what it is.