what happened to strange days mmr?

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
i've recently started going for 1200 in pvp. managed to get there 3 out of the last 4 events (stopped at 900 for the other). this strange days event though seems to be right off in terms of matchmaking. can't find an opponent over 37 points. lots of 4* teams rather than straight 5*.

the other events, once i got over 900 there was nothing but 5* 70 point opponents. i can't get there off 37 point opponents.

Comments

• halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Not sure. I didn't get many hits with Peggy and Bobbi on defense, and I won most of those. Unusual to say the least. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

You play slice 3 right? It's not an MMR thing, it's suppression. Top scores are lower, and hops are shorter, so it's not strange it's difficult to find good queues.

I mean, there could be something wrong with MMR as well, but suppression alone is enough to explain the difference.

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:

You play slice 3 right? It's not an MMR thing, it's suppression. Top scores are lower, and hops are shorter, so it's not strange it's difficult to find good queues.

I mean, there could be something wrong with MMR as well, but suppression alone is enough to explain the difference.

i alternate between 1 and 3 yes. i think i was in 3 this one. thing is, i don't recall ever having an issue finding value targets before yesterday. that's why it seemed odd.