**** Dazzler (Classic) ****

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

Dazzler (Classic)
4-Star Rarity (Legendary)
Heroes, X-Men
blacktilepng  greentilepng

"One stage she's a vision of grace--on the battlefield, a blindingly brilliant combatant. 

Please put your hands together for the one, the only... DAZZLER!"

(Abilities, Match Damage, and Health listed at level 270)
13,995 Health
blacktilepng 85 |  74 | greentilepng 65 |  43 | bluetilepng 13 | yellowtilepng 12 | purpletilepng 11 |  3.5x

(Abilities listed at level 270, Power Level 5)
Survivor - blacktilepng Passive
Disco never dies! When things look rough, Dazzler draws on her team's strength to summon a song from within and take down the opponent. If Dazzler would take 2255 or more damage, for every 2 friendly Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles (up to 8), remove 1 enemy Strike, Protect, Attack, or Countdown tiles and stun the target 1 turn.
  • Level 2: ...would take 1777 or more damage...
  • Level 3: ...would take 1263 or more damage...
  • Level 4: ...would take 1082 or more damage...remove 2 enemy Strike...
  • Level 5: ...would take 781 or more damage...
Dance Floor Queen - 10 redtilepng AP
Dazzler dances across the battlefield on disco skates, landing amped-up blows and high notes with ease. Dazzler creates 3 Strike tiles with a strength of 72. For every 3 additional Red AP she has when this power is fired, create 1 Strike tiles with a strength of 72.
  • Level 2: ...3 Strike tiles with a strength of 90.
  • Level 3: Dazzler creates 4 Strike tiles...when this power is fired, create 1 Strike tile with a strength of 79.
  • Level 4: ...when this power is fired, create 2 Strike tiles with a strength of 97.
  • Level 5: Dazzler creates 5 Strike tiles with a strength of 126...when this power is fired, create 3 Strike tiles...
Sounds of Light and Fury - 7 greentilepng AP
Dazzler turns up the volume and fills the room with light, blinding her enemies with the power of disco. Dazzler deals 433 damage to the enemy team, plus 45 damage for every friendly special tile (max 10).
  • Level 2: ...deals 487 damage to the enemy team, plus 93 damage...
  • Level 3: ...deals 622 damage to the enemy team, plus 120 damage...
  • Level 4: ...deals 911 damage to the enemy team, plus 171 damage...
  • Level 5: ...deals 1101 damage to the enemy team, plus 368 damage...
What do you think is Dazzler's best build? Vote down below!

**** Dazzler (Classic) **** 20 votes

5/5/3
15%
baarzoPongieLukeslad 3 votes
5/4/4
5%
MrCroaker64 1 vote
5/3/5
45%
y4747WEBGASammenelltph_jamesBloody_MarvelBlack Dukemaguirenumber6KGBelko90 9 votes
4/5/4
0%
4/4/5
0%
3/5/5
35%
jayx_2MadStryfebbiglerAnonhelix72skittledaddyFooLy_CooLy 7 votes

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    edited September 2018
    Quick set of answers to questions in the other thread:

Her Passive stacks per 2 friendly tiles when she is hit at the damage threshold. So 6 tiles on the board would be 3 turn stun, 6 tiles removed at max level
    Her Passive procs *after* attending damage. So a cascade that started with enough damage to proc her ability will finish, *then* Dazzler will stun.
    Her Passive's enemy special tile removal and stun are independent of one another. If there are no tiles to remove, it will still stun, and it will still remove tiles even if the opponent is immune to stun.
    Her passive will not proc on friendly damage.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dance Floor Queen - 10 redtilepng AP
    Dazzler dances across the battlefield on disco skates, landing amped-up blows and high notes with ease. Dazzler creates 3 Strike tiles with a strength of 72. For every 3 additional Red AP she has when this power is fired, create 1 Strike tiles with a strength of 72.
    This text seems extraneous and more confusing than just leaving it out.  
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2018
    Overall, she seems rather versatile, which I'm appreciating for a character that could have easily been written off as a joke.
    My first thought was pairing her with Gamora to get the most out of the stun and her green. Run Dazzler at 5/3/5 and Gamora at 3/5/5. You'll be flooding the board with tiles in no time. A nice 3rd for the pairing would be C&D. They'll give you the full rainbow, nice yellow and cheap purple. And they can fuel Gamora's black or add more tiles.
    Not quite as good as C&D, but 4*BP or Nova both would have a yellow that'll add more tiles and a red that packs a punch.
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    I like the idea of Gamora to capitalize on the passive stun, as a third I'd say Medusa to keep the blue & green flowing. The downside is unless you're just starting the 4* transition Gamora will probably tank red & black. Thorkoye is also a pretty obvious pairing for her green, but her black & red would be useless.

IM40 & Nico could be fun. No active black & they overlap on yellow, but Dazzler should tank her colors & have red to spit out strikes or green to AoE. Nico will help with special tiles, too, and potentially remove CDs & another stun. Otherwise I can't remember the last time I saved up 30 red to make the most of her power.

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the idea of Gamora to capitalize on the passive stun, as a third I'd say Medusa to keep the blue & green flowing. The downside is unless you're just starting the 4* transition Gamora will probably tank red & black. Thorkoye is also a pretty obvious pairing for her green, but her black & red would be useless.

IM40 & Nico could be fun. No active black & they overlap on yellow, but Dazzler should tank her colors & have red to spit out strikes or green to AoE. Nico will help with special tiles, too, and potentially remove CDs & another stun. Otherwise I can't remember the last time I saved up 30 red to make the most of her power.

When Bewilder finally went off and stole 21 Red AP even though neither of you had a Red active power, probably.

XD
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    This passive could be devastating in pvp on the right team you could very easily stun anybody on turn 1 or 2, so she can slow down any team you face and if played correctly you might even be able to lock down any 5 star with the exception of BP.  Yes she will force you to eat health pack since you need her to be hit to cause the stun but it is going to be worth it to some people late in the pvp game.  She is a attack last person, so you can avoid those stuns when they will hurt you most.  I will be very interested to see her in practice.  I think we will see a lot of her.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5
    I just realized her Red is basically a better version of 2* Wolverines Green.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    5/3/5
    I championed Dazzler (level 270, 5/3/5) three days ago and tried several teams to bring out the best of her. The characters, which she has worked best with, are Nico (5/3/5) and 4* Panther (5/3/5).

Try to collect yellow & purple AP first so you can flood the board with friendly special tiles. Once you fired Nico's purple and Panther's yellow, you need to gather green AP for Dazzler's AoE.  When you can use it, Nico will have increased the strenght of your special tiles in the meantime, so you're probably able to knock out the opponent's team. 

It's fun to play, since it combines stuns, special tile creation, powerful passives, a nuke (Panther's red) and a cheap AoE.

PS: The animation of Dazzler's red is really nice to watch. Well done!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been having fun using Dazzler in Hearts of Darkness, pairing her with Okoye/Medusa. Dazzler's (relatively) cheap green (7AP) has been especially effective at clearing out entire teams of foes with a few team-up APs in the bank.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    I've been having fun using Dazzler in Hearts of Darkness, pairing her with Okoye/Medusa. Dazzler's (relatively) cheap green (7AP) has been especially effective at clearing out entire teams of foes with a few team-up APs in the bank.

I had awesome fun in the loaner node when you had to play Dazzler and Mohawk Storm together. Throw down a Hailstorm, then follow it up with Sounds of Light and Fury for massive team damage. That node is usually a bit of a drag, it was fun to play characters with awesome synergy for once!

(though it helps that my Dazzler has 5 green covers already...)

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker

Just putting the link to her recent slight buff in here to keep the data in one place.