Is 2-3 Okoye covers a realistic hope in the time she has left in latest?

Rockwell75
Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
It's been nothing but Wasp for me lately :/

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    She should be in tokens for at least another 5 weeks, its absolutely doable.

If you still end up missing 2 or 3 covers, Shuri (her feeder) should finish her at some point.

Make Okoye your sole bonus hero in the 5*`s as well if you really want to finish her, you might double up on her covers then.
  • Rockwell75
    Shuri and Okoye are my sole 4 and 5 BHs at the moment for that reason.  Had a windfall of Shuri covers  since she's been made a feeder-- mine has gone from 283 to 301.   I'm hoping to finish her without having to rely on Shuri though there are other feeder 4s I'd rather have at higher levels (Gamora, Medusa etc.).
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    She's worth the attempt!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's absolutely doable. My Thor went from that same position to comfortably championed before he left.

OTOH, my Gambit went from 11 covers at this point to 12 when he left.

So, y'know...wine and dine RNG. Make it feel special.
  • theomen
    theomen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    I'm in the same boat. I hope it works out for you.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've got 2 covers to go as well and I expect to get them, though I may start targeting the 4*s at xx9 if I've not drawn any in a few weeks
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Statistically you should get an Okoye cover in 20 Latest Legends pulls, so as long as you can get 10 pulls a week or so you should be good.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've not had a single 5* cover since Loki joined the tokens. I've not had a bonus hero in literally centuries =(
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    For sure it's doable. Just keep at it!

• Rockwell75
    Just drew one...thanks for the positive vibes everyone.  The best part is that she's now at 4-4-3 and since my Shuri is at 302 my next feeder will be red so even if I don't get any more before she leaves latest I'll be guaranteed to champ her after one more feeder and a BH.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    How are you getting 10 Latest Legends tokens a week? I must be playing this game wrong...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    How are you getting 10 Latest Legends tokens a week? I must be playing this game wrong...
    10 pulls isn't necessarily 10 LTs. CP counts, too. With DDQ, full Progression and Node Rewards in SCL9 PvE, and consistently hitting 1200 in PvP, that's something like 8 pulls per week right there. Add in a couple from Champ Rewards or whatever, and you're there.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    That makes more sense. I look forward to the day when I have a strong enough roster to play SCL 9 and consistently hit 1200 in PvP (I only recently started getting more consistent hitting 900). Until then, I'll watch you guys with envy...
  • Rockwell75
    helix72 said:
    It's an average.  Sometimes I don't get any for a couple days then other times, like during this last boss event, I got 8 over the course of 2 days (CP, event rewards, champ rewards etc.).
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    That makes more sense. I look forward to the day when I have a strong enough roster to play SCL 9 and consistently hit 1200 in PvP (I only recently started getting more consistent hitting 900). Until then, I'll watch you guys with envy...
    I don't actually do that myself. I play PvP to 575 or 900, and SCL7 in PvE. But the Progression Rewards are all listed, so I could go through and total them, and they add up to more than you might expect.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    2-3 covers should be doable. I generate around 135 pulls every 6 weeks and normally champion 5* when they are 1/2 way through latest.  I have wasp and Okoye champed.  If you can get 90 pulls you should be able to make it easy.  
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    10 pulls isn't necessarily 10 LTs. CP counts, too. With DDQ, full Progression and Node Rewards in SCL9 PvE, and consistently hitting 1200 in PvP, that's something like 8 pulls per week right there. Add in a couple from Champ Rewards or whatever, and you're there.

Yeah, I estimate I earn around 300 CP a week roughly. I play PvE SCL 9, so that gives 115 CP a week (80 from progression, 35 from node rewards). PvP to 1200, that's Another 75 a week. DDQ gives 14 a week, so that's just over 200 just from static rewards. The rest comes from various champ rewards and buys by generous Alliance members. Of course, the higher level Champs you have the better rewards you get that way.
  • Rockwell75
    Pulled another 5 today-- Wasp (again, yuk-- that's 4 of my last 5 pulls) but I did manage a BH Okoye which brings mine to a tantalizing 4-5-3.  Should I keep pulling and hope for the best or just wait it out for 17 more Shuri covers to finish her off?
  • Rockwell75
    OJSP said:
    what’s the worst that can happen?
    Wasp lmao.  I see your point though.  It definitely wouldn't hurt to have a champ level or two on her-- having Thor as my lowest level 5 is probably an ideal scenario.  If I do manage to finish her while she's in latest I was thinking of taking a dip in classics for a bit-- I have a few 5s who are borderline close (in particular Thanos who I might chase in earnest once I'm done with Okoye).  I have a feeling the next few 5s are going to be solid however-- if not the next one definitely the one after that-- in preparation for digital day.  I really hope we don't get another Gambit.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    I would normally say maybe not, but I pulled 4 5* in a row from LTs and 3 of them were Okoye so anything is possible.