Forum signature has no effective limits [Investigating]

abmoraz
abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
um... see below.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @abmoraz Thanks for the rather...extravagant manner in which you reported this issue. I'll look into it with our web developers. 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    @abmoraz Thanks for the rather...extravagant manner in which you reported this issue. I'll look into it with our web developers. 
    Just being thorough :smiley:

But really, I was setting up my rosters stats and screwed up some HTML tag closing that left my signature rather... large.  Someone pointed it out and I though "huh... wonder what the limit on signatures is?  There's an image limit, but I wonder what the text limit is?"

After hitting 50+ lines I figured "maybe there isn't one.  Oh well.  No big deal..."  until I went back to a forum I left a message in and saw that my signature took up more page space than all the rest of the comments combined... so I figured I'd report it in a manner that, in all fairness was smaller than the original test signature, would accurately display the bug/issue :)

I was only planning on leaving it up until the bug report was acknowledged and/or dismissed.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Forum admins technically have the capability of adjusting this maximum signature limit, but I'm also not 100% sure if the number denotes the amount of characters allowed or the amount of lines allowed.

If I change it to too high of a number, then the problem isn't solved. If I change it to too low of a number though, I worry I'll accidentally cut off people's signatures.

That's why I'm double checking with the web devs. Once I hear back from them, then I should be able to set an appropriate signature limit :)