Known Issue: The Hunt Awarding Wrong Tokens (8/28/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

We recently became aware that the Old Man Logan 5-Star essential pin in the Hunt event is giving out The Hunt tokens, instead of the Nebula and Friends vault token.

We apologize for this inconvenience. Everyone that received a The Hunt token, by completing the Old Man Logan essential mission at least once, will receive a Nebula and Friends vault token later this week after the event has ended. Players will receive a token for each Sub-Chapter they completed that mission in (for a maximum of 3 (three) vault tokens)

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    So this will be an after event vault?  Does that mean that this will reset to an 80 item
    vault and will not count anything we have already got from it?  
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    My bet says we'll simply get EXPIRED vault tokens
  • Drlex
    Drlex Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    They will award these tokens automatically? Do we need to keep the hunt tokens we currently have? I saved them for when I contacted support.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    If these can't be given out BEFORE the Nebula & Friends vault ends I would say don't bother.

Vaults are only good because they have guaranteed odds of getting things over a certain number of pulls, and every "bad" pull increases the odds that a future pull is "good."

Giving tokens after the vault ends removes the one thing that makes them more useful than other token types.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    The vault usually stays open for an additional day after the event ends, so we'll be fine if they send tokens out the morning after the event ends. 
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks for this @Brigby. At least we'll have 3 more attempts for a Nebula cover. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was a known issue the last time the 4-day version of this event ran. Why was it not fixed a year ago?

Also, I assume you're giving out a vault token for each and every expired token we got from the event, and not just one for participating? That might have been acceptable if this was the first time this had happened. But not now.
  • Brigby
    This was a known issue the last time the 4-day version of this event ran. Why was it not fixed a year ago?

Also, I assume you're giving out a vault token for each and every expired token we got from the event, and not just one for participating? That might have been acceptable if this was the first time this had happened. But not now.
    Yes. Players will receive a Nebula & Friends vault token for each expired token that was received from the Wolverine (Old Man Logan) Essential Mission. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

Yes. Players will receive a Nebula & Friends vault token for each expired token that was received from the Wolverine (Old Man Logan) Essential Mission. 
    But will we receive them before the current vault expires?  This is key information.
  • The rockett
    pheregas said:
    Brigby said:

But will we receive them before the current vault expires?  This is key information.
    Yep. The first comment after the announcement was the question about the vault.  Skipped over that question to answer the one above.     
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    Well that was 2000 pounds of excrement level of annoyance, so thank you for resolving it.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Isn’t this the second time this has happened with The Hunt and a new release vault?  
  • The rockett
    Isn’t this the second time this has happened with The Hunt and a new release vault?  
    Yes it is. 
  • Brigby
    pheregas said:
    Brigby said:

Yep. The first comment after the announcement was the question about the vault.  Skipped over that question to answer the one above.     
    Woops. Sorry about that. My personal assumption would be that the token(s) would be sent out prior to the vault expiring, but I have passed this question along to the team, just to double check. I'll be sure to provide an update once I hear back from them.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    16 hours to go on the vault and I don't have them yet.

edit: and 15 hours to go and there they are. Nothing notable came out but still, before the vault closed which is something.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Thanks for the 3 The Hunt "Nebula & Friends" Vault tokens. As expected got three 2*'s but at least it was like getting 3 extra tokens.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got mine. 2* Hawkeye, dupe of a beginner support and the legendary. :)
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Ares, Moonstone, and 2* Mags.

Meh, better than nothing.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got mine. No Nebula, but 3 three stars so can't complain.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmmm 2* Moonstone and 1 Beginner Support, which wound up being a dupe 1* Lucky... Hmmm 1400 riso, or 2*, not sure which one is better....