A Truly Unraveling Experience

I recently got Oath of Teferi in a pack and while wanting to test it out I wasn't sure which Planeswalker would excel with it. I chose to build a deck around it using Jace2 and it was amazing although my opponent wouldn't enjoy it too much.

The Unraveling:

Creatures (1)
Alhammarret, High Arbiter

Spells: (4)
Spell Swindle
Depths of Desire
Talent of the Telepath
Expel from Orazca 

Supports: (5)
Oath of Teferi 
Dragon's Hoard 
Memorial to Genius 
Sphinx's Tutelage 
Psychic Corrosion 

The power of this deck is its ability to stall the opponent to the point that they struggle to cast anything. Teferi and Alhammarret will essentially permanently increase all their cards cost by 6. Swindle,  Corrosion,  and Tutelage further this by either increasing cost more or draining all the mana from a card. The main flaw is since Al is the only creature he can be easily handle by Planeswalker abilities such as Bolas1 first or Ob Nixilis second. 

Jace2 and his abilities are great with this build. His first can be insane with my supports and treasures. In several instances he gained 30+ mana in one turn. His second is great at keeping my hand filled and will bolster the impact of Corrosion and Tutelage.  His third ability is basically useless with Oath but that's fine since he wins via the Oath and Arbiter.

I think I'm going to give Sorcerer's Wand and Metamorphic Alteration a shot in place of Expel and Memorial just to see if they help. 

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd keep memorial, and maybe add Immortal Sun as an anti-Bolas/Ob option (or Spyglass, if you have that).
    Metamorphic doesn't really fit in here very well.
  • SinisterOne
    SinisterOne Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    I don't have either of those but if I did I'd use them.

Metamorphic has actually been a bit of an all-star in this deck. Copying the Arbiter it will help speed up the kill and slow down the opponent. I've managed on a couple of occasions to give my opponent's cards all a cost increase of +18 or +24 by casting 2-3 Arbiters in a turn and Oath being Oath. 

I'm still working on the deck but Metamorphic is a keeper.