Problem leveling second cover of a character

karger
karger Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
I'm leveling up a second 3* Dr. Strange.  When I earn new covers and try to use them, it tells me I need to decrease powers in another color.  I think it is looking at my already championed Dr. Strange instead of the second one (which doesn't yet have 13 covers).  If I go to the 2d Dr. Strange, I am able to use the new covers to level up within the "powers" listing of that character.  It's only direct use of the cover that fails.  

Comments

• mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    This is pretty normal, actually.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, this is standard. It only happens when the original has less than 5 in the colour you're trying to train, tho, so you can usually have it set so 2/3 of the covers aren't a problem.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    This isn't a bug, just a flaw in the existing system.  Would be nice if it were fixed/improved, but not sure how much work it would be.  The work around is pretty simple so meh.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    karger said:
    I'm leveling up a second 3* Dr. Strange.  When I earn new covers and try to use them, it tells me I need to decrease powers in another color.  I think it is looking at my already championed Dr. Strange instead of the second one (which doesn't yet have 13 covers).  If I go to the 2d Dr. Strange, I am able to use the new covers to level up within the "powers" listing of that character.  It's only direct use of the cover that fails.  
    I'm not going to type it all out again, so go here: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/819667#Comment_819667 for a full write-up on what's happening and why it happens.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    This isn't a bug, just a flaw in the existing system.  Would be nice if it were fixed/improved, but not sure how much work it would be.  The work around is pretty simple so meh.
    It is pretty clearly a bug.  You don't need to spend covers to respec a champed character, so offering to do that when you click the "train" button next to a cover in the queue does not make sense.  A max-champed character should never be considered a valid target for applying a new cover.