HRC loyalty laaaaaaaag [Investigating]

Options
Gun Bunny
Gun Bunny Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
Can we please get the mana animation fix applied to the loyalty gains from Huatli, Radiant Champion's first ability? If I have a token generation deck (vamps or saproling, take your pick) along with path of discovery in play, I've witnessed single G/W match-3's take fifteen seconds to resolve.

Each one. Every time.

Not to mention, if you have full loyalty already, what's the point in even resolving this part of the turn?

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• joerginger
    joerginger Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This animation shouldn't exist in the first place because there is literally nothing to see at all. But this taking fifteen seconds every single match-3 is utterly ridiculous. Everything is taking way too much time already anyway.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Options
    This animation is the price to pay to get full loyalty on each turn. There had to be some kind of payback. :smiley:
  • Gun Bunny
    Options
    Still present in 3.0
  • Gun Bunny
    Options
    Still present in 3.1
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Gun Bunny Thanks, I'll inform the team that this issue is still occurring. 
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Gun Bunny Just to clarify, are you receiving lag and slowdown when using this ability, or is this report primarily concerning the length the animation itself? 
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Tombstone said:
    @Gun Bunny Just to clarify, are you receiving lag and slowdown when using this ability, or is this report primarily concerning the length the animation itself? 
    The animation itself is so long and useless at all. The length depends on creatures and reinforcements so it could be very long.
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's like the game is animating the shooting star effect from the board the your hand/PW for each individual point of loyalty, rather than one animation for the total loyalty. When it does the animation for mana generation you get one stay for each total amount per match.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    With both H2 and Kiora I have experienced extreme lag. It's like suddenly my 2017 phone is replaced by a Win95 pc.

At first I thought the first ability of H2 was to blame but that wouldn't explain why it happened with a Kiora match as well (though no lag today with Kiora). I didn't have a stored mana card in hand either and when it moved to the AI's turn lag was completely gone.
  • Gun Bunny
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Tombstone said:
    The length of the animation itself, when you're running a token deck and have her first ability's support on the board, it takes foreverrrrrrrrr for a simple move to resolve because it counts every bonus loyalty point individually.

Given the preponderance of "summon x or less creatures" or "create x or more tokens" objectives on green nodes in events, a Selesnya token build is a perfect fit.
  • Enygma6
    Enygma6 Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, that animation effect definitely needs to be reviewed.  
    In a match the other day, I managed to generate 900+ Loyalty in one very, very long turn (Path of Discovery, 2 fully loaded Decree of Justice, and triggering all 3 Activated Gems from a 19-shield Luminarch Ascension making a good sized Angel token stack).