Okoye or Loki?

0_efx_0
0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
Have a good hoard, waiting to be opened, should I go for Okoye or wait for Loki to push her out?
Im in 4* Land, 5Thor is at 12 covers...FYI 

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    You want Okoye. 'nuff said.
  • 0_efx_0
    Really? I just don’t want Wasp5. I mean I can wait til Wasp5 is out. Loki seems legit.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Isn't Captain America the one leaving next?  If you wait until later this week, the latest tokens should have Okoye, Wasp, and Loki.
  • 0_efx_0
    Thanks, I thought it would be LumberCap, Wasp, Loki.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, Cap is leaving today, Okoye stays until next fivestar release.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    0_efx_0 said:
    Really? I just don’t want Wasp5. I mean I can wait til Wasp5 is out. Loki seems legit.
    He's not as legit as Okoye, but if you hold off you can get them both. Wasp may be bad, but Okoye is worth suffering her covers.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Okoye all day long. Yes, suffer the Wasp covers to get Okoye done. I’d also say BeardCap looks more useful than Loki, unless paired with Okoye.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Okoye. Enough said.
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Pay the possible Wasp Tax and get Okoye. Loki looks alright to me, it's just that Okoye is incredible. 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards

Just from looking at him, this is what I think of Loki:

Purple - neat and potentially very exploitable with the right team

Green - Full of Meh.  There's a lot of better green in the 5* tier.  Anything other than a 1-turn Repeater doesn't get to fire that much.

Black - Thematically cool, but in a practical sense not that useful.  It will be very random when it comes into play, and ideally you don't lose your characters on offense.  On defense it forces the other player into some decisions (usually taking Loki out last,) but it's not earth-shattering.  Phoenix's "come back" power is much better than Loki's on defense, IMHO - you kind of need a hard counter for Phoenix's resurrection, while Loki's has a better chance of not triggering.

Anyway, the TL;DR version of this is - I wouldn't actively chase Loki, he's not going to change the meta and I suspect he's about on par with LumberCap or Ghost Rider.  He's not bad, but one great power out of three does not make a top tier 5*.

Okoye, on the other hand, is top tier - she's a phenomenal support character and fairly hard-hitting herself.  I plan on maxing her out regardless of how many Wasp covers I draw, and will probably continue to draw covers for her even after I do.

To sum up, I'd either break your hoard for Okoye or not at all - neither Loki nor Wasp is worth breaking a hoard for, so if you don't break it now, I'd wait until the next top tier 5*.

• Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    My Beardcap is currently at 11-2-2.  Worst luck I've had with a 5 yet.  Under the old system I'd have been able to champ him.  Wondering if I should trade 10 of those reds for two other colors.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Beardcap is currently at 11-2-2.  Worst luck I've had with a 5 yet.  Under the old system I'd have been able to champ him.  Wondering if I should trade 10 of those reds for two other colors.
    I would think you could only trade 5 covers. I assume with the 11-2-2 the actual build is.  5-2-2 with 6 covers saved, which would only let you trade 5 covers. Unless I am not understanding the saved cover feature.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Pretty sure it's 3 to 1 for 5*'s, so you could trade 6 in and be at 5-3-3
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a completely moot point now.....Loki is in tokens, Beardcap is in Classic limbo.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    tiomono said:
    I would think you could only trade 5 covers. I assume with the 11-2-2 the actual build is.  5-2-2 with 6 covers saved, which would only let you trade 5 covers. Unless I am not understanding the saved cover feature.
    No you are right...I mis-typed.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    This is a completely moot point now.....Loki is in tokens, Beardcap is in Classic limbo.
    Don't you mean Classic purgatory
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    bluewolf said:
    Don't you mean Classic purgatory
    Well, Limbo is a place in the Marvel Universe. But you can call it whatever you wish....