The Hunt Tokens: Showing as Post Event and not Nebula & Friends Vault

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
The Hunt is showing tokens as post event, not as an active event and they should be Nebula & Friends Vault 

The Hunt - Story Event
  • Starts: 8/26/18, 7:00am EDT
  • Ends: 8/31/18, 2:00am EDT
  • Nebula (Infinity War) as a Progression Reward
  • Rewards tokens to the Nebula & Friends vault

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if it’s due to not running the 4 day version of the Hunt for a year.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Easy fix. Stop running The Hunt. Its such a repetitive load of nonsense that wouldn't be missed. 
  • bluewolf
    edited August 2018
    Unfortunately, this isn’t the first time this mistake was made. I don’t think the last time was the Hunt, but can’t recall.

Edit:  It WAS the Hunt.  Sigh.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69380/the-hunt-vault-bugged-fixed-in-12-13-daily-patch-event-rewards-give-incorrect-token/p2
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well what a surprise.
    Bugfixing : not a priority.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did they do anything last time? Like will I need to submit a ticket?
  • bluewolf
    Submitting tickets won’t hurt, but last time they just distributed tokens to everyone.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Easy fix. Stop running The Hunt. Its such a repetitive load of nonsense that wouldn't be missed. 
    D3: “So more DP vs MPQ, got it!”
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nah, they just need to take the rewards for a 3 day event, divide it by 3, and find out what the average amount of iso/HP/CP is that is gained per day.  

Then take that figure, bring back 7 day events, and spread the rewards per day out appropriately, upping what the progression rewards would be per day (in order to make up for what 3*, double 3*, 4* covers we are used to getting in a 3 day event).

Its obvious to me.  But it requires a bit of math and time.  This way, you could run an event for X days, and it would work out no matter what.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or, as been suggested many, many times now, splitting up all the 7 day events that they refuse to use anymore and putting them into 3&4 day events to create more variety. That, of course, would be too sensible to do. 
    You mean having, say, Pridogal Sun run the first three days as one event with rewards and then the final 4 as a seperate 4 day event with entirely new rewards?

I can see that being a bit of a nightmare to program, but I'm absolutely in favour of that.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    PiMacleod said:
    Nah, they just need to take the rewards for a 3 day event, divide it by 3, and find out what the average amount of iso/HP/CP is that is gained per day.  

Then take that figure, bring back 7 day events, and spread the rewards per day out appropriately, upping what the progression rewards would be per day (in order to make up for what 3*, double 3*, 4* covers we are used to getting in a 3 day event).

Its obvious to me.  But it requires a bit of math and time.  This way, you could run an event for X days, and it would work out no matter what.
    Sorry for the double post, but...you know they doubled all the rewards for 7-day events a while ago?
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Same thing for tokens here
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,762 Chairperson of the Boards
    snlf25 said:
    What does it matter anyway? Its gonna be 2*s either way.
    Just got an IW from my 'stockpiled' Hunt token, so I'm not complaining too much.
    Still, this bug shouldn't be around anymore after this much time.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or, as been suggested many, many times now, splitting up all the 7 day events that they refuse to use anymore and putting them into 3&4 day events to create more variety. That, of course, would be too sensible to do. 
    You mean having, say, Pridogal Sun run the first three days as one event with rewards and then the final 4 as a seperate 4 day event with entirely new rewards?

I can see that being a bit of a nightmare to program, but I'm absolutely in favour of that.
    Yes, absolutely that. It might be a little bit of a hassle at first but they have these 7 day events that they simply dont use anymore while we have to keep playing events like The Hunt every couple of months due to the lack of variety. Anything that makes the game less tedious for the player should be implemented. 

You dont even have to run both of Prodigal Sun's 3&4 day events in the same week. You could do the 3 day event one week and the 4 day event a couple of weeks later. 
  • bluewolf
    At least the individual Sub reward token properly pulls from the vault.  I haven’t received a token from progression yet.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Same thing used to happen in the Venom Bomb event when they first added the 5* essential node.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod said:

Sorry for the double post, but...you know they doubled all the rewards for 7-day events a while ago?
    Yes, I do know this.  But wasnt that the problem itself?  People complained that they weren't getting the ISO and other rewards they were used to getting in two 3 day events run back to back.

I mean, is there any real reason to stop running any of these events beyond player demand?  "BP story is too hard!  Those tiles make it annoying"  instead of thinking of ways around it, player base complains, the developers don't wanna lose players over something as trivial as a single storyline, so they nix it.  "7 days?!  I don't get the same ISO as I do in a 3 day event!"  Rinse, repeat.

At the end of it all, the devs have no reason to change the logic of their game unless it somehow satisfied the pocketbooks.  Players threaten to stop playing when you mess with the rewards or difficulty they are used to.  So, the events stop.

Now, circle back around to my "rewards per day" argument from earlier.  If players would get the same amount of rewards per day (given the same amount of player effort), that argument couldn't exist against it.
  • bluewolf
    Here’s the thing about 7 day events.  Yes, the iso and HP (and maybe Riso) is appropriately doubled to make them equal to a 3+4 day event.  And you get more covers during the event for 2 characters, but that just means you get the same number of covers concentrated on 1 3* and 1 4* instead of two of them.

You know what isn’t doubled?  Placement cover rewards.  If you are a top player who looks for placement rewards as a means of roster advancement, you get half the number of those you normally get.  T50 in PVE SCL9 doesn’t get 2 4* covers, you still get one.  Same with the 3* covers.  
  • PiMacleod
    bluewolf said:
    Here’s the thing about 7 day events.  Yes, the iso and HP (and maybe Riso) is appropriately doubled to make them equal to a 3+4 day event.  And you get more covers during the event for 2 characters, but that just means you get the same number of covers concentrated on 1 3* and 1 4* instead of two of them.

You know what isn’t doubled?  Placement cover rewards.  If you are a top player who looks for placement rewards as a means of roster advancement, you get half the number of those you normally get.  T50 in PVE SCL9 doesn’t get 2 4* covers, you still get one.  Same with the 3* covers.  
    That's part of the 'per day' calculation.  EVERYTHING needs to be divvied up for what a single day is worth.  That way, if you run a 4 day event, you can just add a days worth of rewards into the event.  I know theres some math involved, but this shouldn't be a problem.  7 day event?  Add the appropriate amount of days.  
This discussion has been closed.