Derp moment of the day

FinnyMPQ
FinnyMPQ Posts: 51 Match Maker
Because if you can't laugh at yourself, you can't laugh at others

During my Shuri PvP climb, I got up to around 800pts before it dawned on me...

I would fire Shuri's red to get fortified tiles on the board, but couldn't figure out why my AP costs weren't dropping

:p  :p:p:p:p

Comments

• Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    OK, it must be because I just got home from my night shift, but figuring out what you meant actually took me way longer than I dare to admit. 

My derp moment of the day.
    After placing R&G's bomb tile: "Oh, I shouldn't make this match, because it will give the opponent a green match-4 that will match away my bomb tile."
    ~Proceeds to look for another match~
    ~Makes green match, including the bomb tile~
    Why brain? Why?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    The amount of times I've done similar "Oh, best not do that because it'll give the AI a 5-match"

And after looking for something else I have already forgotten what not to do and just made the match anyway.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    With vulture boosted I thought this archangel and gambit team would be easy to beat. Then I wondered why I had no ap and vulture was almost dead
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beat Thanos with War Machine in the Crash and then cashed in the legendary. I got another cover for my Groot but it's been so long since I've gotten one that my brain couldn't process seeing a 4* version of their icon. "There's a 4* Rocket and Groot? Oh, duh."
  • FinnyMPQ
    FinnyMPQ Posts: 51 Match Maker

I'd like to say that this is the first time I've forgotten to remove the boosts at the start of a fight...but I'd be lying.  It probably happens more often than not.
    Been there, done that...lol
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Firing off red with my brand shiny new Nebula (after saving up 15 green) in Shield training for the first time ... versus Kraven
  • shardwick
    Firing off red with my brand shiny new Nebula (after saving up 15 green) in Shield training for the first time ... versus Kraven
    I did the same on my first try. He heard me gloating as I poured on the damage. Then he nullified them. And then of course he hit a black cascade. 
  • Steel_Colt
    FinnyMPQ said:

I'd like to say that this is the first time I've forgotten to remove the boosts at the start of a fight...but I'd be lying.  It probably happens more often than not.
    Man, this happens to me a lot, and then I go on to click through the screens and forgetting about them another 3 or 4 times.
  • shardwick
    FinnyMPQ said:

Man, this happens to me a lot, and then I go on to click through the screens and forgetting about them another 3 or 4 times.
    A few days ago I was doing some matches with America and did +2 all ap. Every match tap tap on all ap then a quick tap to start the match. Well, I did that one too many times and ended up accidentally spending some hp to buy ap boosts. :(
  • Steel_Colt
    edited August 2018
    shardwick said:
    FinnyMPQ said:

A few days ago I was doing some matches with America and did +2 all ap. Every match tap tap on all ap then a quick tap to start the match. Well, I did that one too many times and ended up accidentally spending some hp to buy ap boosts. :(
    I also did that, back in the days where Hero Points were my bottle neck, instead of the never ending Iso crunch of yesteryear. Kicked myself for doing that. :p

Edit: I guess never-ending and yesteryear regarding to Iso crunch is a Contradictio in Terminis. 
  • Zen
    Zen Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    I went and did full clears (+1) on all but the essential nodes in PvE, then realised it was a 48 hour sub. There goes my top 10 😢
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okay, got a derp I've not done before.

Finished the PvE clears on the evening after the new sub event opened and went to PvP to get that done so I can shield up and forget it. Pushed my way up and up to about 915 and dropped a 3 hour shield because I was out of health packs.

Played something else, came back a little after 3am so I could finish it and put the 8 hour shield and go to bed. I got past 1000, which is what I always aim for, checked to make sure I was under 8 hours and...huh?

1 day 7 hours to go? Oh...it's Tuesday morning, isn't it. Not Wednesday morning.

Thankfully I remembered to drop another 8 hour shield tonight or I'd have been very annoyed tomorrow finiding I finished 300th place after being smacked down to 400 points for not shielding over night.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    While putting my team together to take on the Sinister Six, I had the following thought process:
    - MEHulk is boosted, I'll take him for the purple powerbomb....
    - IMHB boosted too, I can use his red nuke....
    - How about a 5* for some extra match damage?

Can you guess who I picked? Yup. Gambit.
    I haven't used him much since his nerf, so I figured, Why not? 
    Maybe because he directly blocks the reasons you picked the other two? Of course i didn't realize my mistake until after I started the fight.

Thankfully it was an early round, so it was an easy win regardless. Then again, most fights against the Sinister Six bosses tend to be easy.

• The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2018
    Zen said:
    I went and did full clears (+1) on all but the essential nodes in PvE, then realised it was a 48 hour sub. There goes my top 10 😢
    Just did that on The Hunt this go around.
    At least I ended t50 and got a much needed Iron Spider cover.  Only 1 left for him to get max covers, and the color I need is in both the PVE progression AND the current PVP's, so...

I'M GOLD!
    (queue one of those Axe commercial endings with the animated gif).