More filters in the roster screen please

Projectus2501
Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
With so many new heroes it would be great if we had more filters like alphabetical order. It's getting complicated to find a specific hero...

Tks

Comments

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    I'm not sure alphabetical is enough, the problem is the large pool you need to scroll through.
    Cutting that down to rarity lvl would speed it up a lot better. Looking for a specific 3*? Just click the *** icon and then only your 3*s show up. Not the max champ 2* of the same lvl, or any 4*s. No. Just only the 3s.  You'd only need to go through them, not everything from a-z.
    Would probably benefit the train screen too....
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

It would be awesome if the filter from the incoming covers queue could be applied to the roster page too so you could show a single star level. That alone should make it easier to find who you need.

If you can choose to show just your favorites too that's even better, though it may interfere with the bonus hero system.

• Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    I used to not care but I agree this is becoming an issue. Particularly in PVE where speed is so important, cycling through 300 (or more) toons takes a lot of time.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    The more sorts and filters they add the better IMO.

Sorts:
    Most Used
    Alphabetical
    Alphabetical/Tier
    Non-boosted levels

Filters:
    Favorited characters (ideally it's own mechanic separate than BH favorites, but BH favorites would be exceptable)
    Affiliations (1 per)
    Tiers
    Boosted characters
    Text (have a bar at they top where if you type letters it filters to only characters containing that string of letters)

• Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    I would also add a filter by launch date
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:

It would be awesome if the filter from the incoming covers queue could be applied to the roster page too so you could show a single star level.

This. This is all I'd need.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    As someone often trying to complete a rainbow (I am SkittleDaddy, after all  :p  ), a color filter would be great, too.
    One, then Two, then (if needed) Three. 
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    At the very least, adding a filter for the tier would be extremely helpful in the hero selection screen.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    ...or an input search function
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Any kind of filtering would be extremely helpful. This is a great idea -- thanks for the thread @Projectus2501!
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    On the general roster screen I'd like additional filters for:

-Champed characters.
    -Characters that can be trained with ISO

On the character selection screen before a battle, I'd like filters for:

-Star tier.
    -Boosted characters.
    -Favorites. Except with a different name as this would be distinct from your bonus hero favorites. It would just be a list of characters you want to be able to filter to quickly as you use them all of the time.

It would also be nice to be able to create five of your favorite or most common teams and save their configuration in some way, so you can just load them up in scenarios where character selection is completely open (i.e. many PvE nodes, S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator.)
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just want the ability to make people my favorites that I use the most. You tend to remember where they are but then things get all screwed up if you get another cover for them and then the order changes. For me it would be Grocket, Gamora, Medusa, Carnage, Carol, Strange, Riri, Iceman, MEHulk, America, Mockingbird, Star Lord, Deadpool, Switch, then 2* Mags, Storm and Thor.

Oh and it would be really cool if the game had an option on the teamups page that showed which characters in the game were currently boosted. 
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    omg please yes- just a search would be fine
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    It would be useful to sort by tags, like Team Cap, Sinister Six, X-Men etc
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Another possibility would be something like "saved teams," which could be paired with standard AP boosts. I use 3-4 sets of teams in PvE and it would be great to be able to push one icon and get that team+boosts pop up. We would need to be able to switch them up easily and often, depending on the event. Something along the lines of the bonus hero heart switch would work, I think. This would relieve much of the hassle of scrolling through so many characters.

Sorry if somebody else said this already but I didn't see it. It does seem fairly obvious...
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I would just like a small indication of what my characters are spec'ed when selected. There's a lot of champed characters I respec depending on the situation and it's mildly, and I stress mildly, annoying going into a match with say 4*Pool's black at 3 when I want it at 5, because I forgot I respec'ed him a Clash match or something.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about one for Characters that need ISO for training?  That's usually what I'm looking for on the Roster page - Who needs the ISO that I earned today?