Upcoming PW sale?

Options
Rhasget
Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
Browsing the vault I noticed that the field with PWs that will rotate in next has many more than usual. I have about half of all current PWs so theres usually one or two in the field but now all others are listed (except Chandra 2 for some reason).

Or ard they just making all PWs available instead of rotating them?

Comments

• Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    Options
    probably. it shows all my missing pws next. I've never understood hybernums logic of pw rotation. if anything it has caused more grief than being helpful
  • TheDude1
    TheDude1 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Not sure if this is an error or a conscious decision to open them all up, but either way it's greatly appreciated!  Agree with the above that waiting and not knowing when a given PW would be available was a downer.  Trying to keep my cynicism at bay, so hopefully it's not a one-time occurrence, and they'll post them all more regularly!
  • kayd_mon
    kayd_mon Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've always bought the ones that looked good. The only one I missed but wanted was Gideon 2, which is now not so good outside of legacy. 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They've done this before -- put them all in the vault. I imagine they are doing it again. (And I'm excited because I need Bolas in my alt!!!)
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Back to School sale? Labor Day sale?
  • techmarine5
    techmarine5 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    In the vault, it shows that all unowned Planeswalkers are coming for the next rotation. I hope this isn't a bug, since I've been hoping to get tezzeret 1 for a while, but it seems like one.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @techmarine5 Merged your comment into an already existing thread about this topic
  • NinjaNick
    NinjaNick Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Wish I knew about this opportunity before sinking 320 crystals on a 5-pack! Must. Get. Bolas.
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    Options
    It is a sale. 20-35% off on those I see in the Vault.

Theres also a deal with 3 HOU legacy mythics for cash (~€5).

Edit:
    And all card packs except M19 is cheaper too!
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Be sure to take the right Origins offer!!!

note there is some sets that have significant better drop rates than others. Particularly RIX looks good. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looks like there is some sort of epic sale going on.  I see every set and every walker in the vault right now.  Too bad I just burned all my crystals on Teferi 2 days ago!

@Brigby this is why we need some advance notice for these things.
  • SinisterOne
    SinisterOne Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Fortunately for me I was saving up crystals to get some of the walkers but with the sale I was able to pick up Kiora Saheeli and Sorin with a few crystals left over (Like 10 or so).

However, I do agree that an advanced notice about the sale would of been nice... Like a week heads up. Even if they didn't say what the discount was. Could of made an announcement saying, "Sale: All Planeswalkers will be at a reduced price beginning August 30." 
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Looks like there is some sort of epic sale going on.  I see every set and every walker in the vault right now.  Too bad I just burned all my crystals on Teferi 2 days ago!

This is exactly why we don't get advanced notice on these things. They'd prefer you spend 650 on Teferi rather than 422. *Cue Metallica*
  • Stalker
    Stalker Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ZW2007- said:
    Mburn7 said:

This is exactly why we don't get advanced notice on these things. They'd prefer you spend 650 on Teferi rather than 422. *Cue Metallica*
    Or knowing it was coming more people may have taken advantage of the crystal sale that was going on. 
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    so, just curious, what's available in the Vault right now?

I have all the planeswalkers aside from Nissa3 (won't get) and Hauti1 (definitely won't get).
  • Stalker
    Stalker Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    All unowned walkers
  • SinisterOne
    SinisterOne Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options

I have all the planeswalkers aside from Nissa3 (won't get) and Hauti1 (definitely won't get).
    All Planeswalkers are available except the M19 ones. They are also between 20-35% off so the Monocolored ones are like 230ish, the Two Colored ones are 422 and Bolas1 and Karn are 600 and something. I had 1275 saved up so I was able to get 3 of the two colored walkers (Kiora, Saheeli and Sorin) which brings me to 15 walkers. (The Origins five, Jace2, Ob Nixilis, Jaya, Sarkhan2, Teferi, Tezzeret2, Sorin, Saheeli, Kiora, Vraska). Downside is I now have five to level and four of them are two colors (Sarkhan2 being the only Monocolored one not max level). 

I just started playing right before the DOM release so I've had a short period to acquire walkers.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

All Planeswalkers are available except the M19 ones. They are also between 20-35% off so the Monocolored ones are like 230ish, the Two Colored ones are 422 and Bolas1 and Karn are 600 and something. I had 1275 saved up so I was able to get 3 of the two colored walkers (Kiora, Saheeli and Sorin) which brings me to 15 walkers. (The Origins five, Jace2, Ob Nixilis, Jaya, Sarkhan2, Teferi, Tezzeret2, Sorin, Saheeli, Kiora, Vraska). Downside is I now have five to level and four of them are two colors (Sarkhan2 being the only Monocolored one not max level). 

I just started playing right before the DOM release so I've had a short period to acquire walkers.
    Well, you've got some good ones, so you should be set on walkers for a while.

You should clear story mode for the runes, since you're new you probably have plenty left to beat.
    I'd prioritize getting Kiora up to 60 first, she is probably the best.

Happy Grinding!!
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I see!  Thanks for letting me know :)

but now I feel kinda dumb now for getting Karn for 850 when he was released less than a month ago.  Still dont have enough runes invested in him to make use of him, could've waited and would have enough extra crystals for a super pack :/
  • Blazer
    Blazer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options

I have my N3 at level 24, It makes AX and TotP, and TG a breeze.