Scheduled Server Maintenance *Updated (8/21/18)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited August 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Update: The scheduled maintenance has been completed. You should not experience any further errors connecting to the game. Thank you!
=====
Hi Everyone -

There will be a window for scheduled maintenance for Marvel Puzzle Quest next Tuesday, August 21st between 10 AM and 2 PM EDT. During this time, you might see errors connecting to the game server.

When we announce a maintenance window, we try to give conservative bounds for the time when the game might be negatively affected, and we try to minimize the time that the game is down. It's possible that nothing noticeable will happen during this time, and it's likely that we don't use the whole window.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I appreciate that this announcement was made before the signups for the next event started.

May I suggest an in game pop up now?
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm glad you are working on making the game better, but 10 AM to 2 PM really messes up the PVE Slice that starts and ends at 12 PM, which is the one I always play in. I normally do my final clears at 11 AM before it ends at 12 PM. The fact that we wont know how long it will take or if it will even start at 10 AM sharp will make it hard to know when to do our clears. Why not do it 4 Hrs before the event is over instead of 2 Hrs like now. I know it's hard to not inconvenience anyone since there are so many slices, but it just feels like an intentional oversight.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Great advanced notice!  Hopefully the people that routinely play S2 can pick a different slice and avoid disruption.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shintok17 said:
    I'm glad you are working on making the game better, but 10 AM to 2 PM really messes up the PVE Slice that starts and ends at 12 PM, which is the one I always play in. I normally do my final clears at 11 AM before it ends at 12 PM. The fact that we wont know how long it will take or if it will even start at 10 AM sharp will make it hard to know when to do our clears. Why not do it 4 Hrs before the event is over instead of 2 Hrs like now. I know it's hard to not inconvenience anyone since there are so many slices, but it just feels like an intentional oversight.
    please note  you still have time to change your plans to avoid this outage.  I'm okay with having to take down the game for maintenance.  and I appreciate that they announced that maintenance before people could sign up for that event and time frame.

Bummer that there is any downtime,  but if properly announced, they can decide a time frame that makes sense for their resources and schedules.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thank you for the notice. We will lose out a little on Lightning round goodness, but otherwise we can plan accordingly.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you for announcing this in time for us to plan accordingly.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up.

Fingers crossed on no issues between 11:30 am and 12:30 pm.  That's prime PvP time for me and could hurt my 75 wins on that event if I lose that time...  hmmm... Might have to walk down memory lane and do a 1200 run.  Yuck, the thought of it gives me chills... lol

Again thanks for the heads up.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for the update in advance. I was wondering when the server maintenance is going to happen after the backlash previously.  :D

I remember that the server maintenance was meant to add in extra storage to the server. B)

I think MPQ should be doing pretty well if they bother to update their IT infrastructure. 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phumade said:
    Shintok17 said:
    please note  you still have time to change your plans to avoid this outage.  I'm okay with having to take down the game for maintenance.  and I appreciate that they announced that maintenance before people could sign up for that event and time frame.

Bummer that there is any downtime,  but if properly announced, they can decide a time frame that makes sense for their resources and schedules.
    It is on a Tuesday, which most of us Adults like me work on that day and I choose that time slice, because I can play during my lunch. Anyways it's cool though it will be literally impossible for the Devs make the game cater to everyone's schedule or life. Do I make my clears early before the Maintenance or risk it and load up the game every 1/2 hour to see if it is done? Decisions. Decisions. 
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    All this server maintenance makes me think there is something big on the way.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    As that's between 2 am and 6 am on Wednesday for me, I'm selfishly untroubled.  It's one occasion when not being in the One True Time Zone is a benefit.
    In my experience, most businesses arrange downtime for the middle of the night locally so as not to inconvenience the majority of their customers.  So the timing of this change seems strange to me.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As that's between 2 am and 6 am on Wednesday for me, I'm selfishly untroubled.  It's one occasion when not being in the One True Time Zone is a benefit.
    In my experience, most businesses arrange downtime for the middle of the night locally so as not to inconvenience the majority of their customers.  So the timing of this change seems strange to me.
    They probably have to do something manual, so it's during their business hours.
    We all know how much they hate being in the office on weekends and during nights.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What time zone are we talking about? PST?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What time zone are we talking about? PST?
    LakeStone said:

There will be a window for scheduled maintenance for Marvel Puzzle Quest next Tuesday, August 21st between 10 AM and 2 PM EDT. During this time, you might see errors connecting to the game server.

Emphasis added.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Am I right in thinking that's between 2pm and 6pm in the UK? Or is it 3pm to 7pm?

Gotta know because I need to do a clear before I start work at 4pm...and I don't want t start it at 2pm and find I missed it already.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Am I right in thinking that's between 2pm and 6pm in the UK? Or is it 3pm to 7pm?

Gotta know because I need to do a clear before I start work at 4pm...and I don't want t start it at 2pm and find I missed it already.
    5 hour time difference between UK and ET so its 3pm to 7pm. 
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ok, now I'm confused, I know that the maintenance is today but why does the subject say the 17th?  Has it always had a date of the 17th and I'm just noticing it now?
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Roland113 said:
    Ok, now I'm confused, I know that the maintenance is today but why does the subject say the 17th?  Has it always had a date of the 17th and I'm just noticing it now?

That's the date the announcement was made.  Most the news posts have that in the title so you can see when OP is updated with new info.
  • Demiurge_Anthony
    Demiurge_Anthony Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hey everyone,

The scheduled maintenance has been completed. You should not experience any further errors connecting to the game.

Thank you!