The MCU state of the game

kk3thess
kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
The MPQ is now celebrating the 10 years of the cinematic universe of Marvel Studios. From what I can deduct, it'll probably last a month. We'll probably get one more new MCU character related and then there'll be almost five months without any significant MCU release (there's the Ant Man and the Wasp DVD release, but it's a "small" thing to my eyes)

With that in mind, I think that this is the time that it's more likely for us to get non-related MCU characters. If that's the case, which ones do you think we'll see finding the way to the game for the next months?

With Disney, and consequentially Marvel Studios, getting their hands on the Fantastic 4 and X-Men, I expect to see more variants from these universes. Also, the second season of Runaways is coming soon, so I think another character will join Nico to the "who's that one?" group.

What are your thoughts on this subject?

Comments

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Princess Powerful from Runaways would be my bet, though they could pull a Gert and Old Lace combo or Old Lace with Gert acting as the required support for that duo...

With Spider-Geddon happening soon, I'm sure there's some webslinger that hasn't been featured that will make their way to MPQ... Possibly Silk or Spider-Ham (Spider-Ham being a rare character, like Devil Dinosaur and Howard the Duck). 

They might try to nab another slot in the Sinister Six, seeing as we have Kraven, Vulture, Doc Ock, Green Goblin and Venom, they're just a hat trick away from announcing Mysterio, even if he is dead in the comics... 

Who are we still missing from Young Avengers? 

I'd be surprised if Cable doesn't finally arrive in some capacity for the 5-year reunion of MPQ, as he's high up on the most requested character list.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    I don't know if we really are in a dry spell yet for the MCU.

Size puns aside, I'd love to see a Bill Foster / Goliath tie-in for the Ant Man & the Wasp DVD release. Also, Nebula needs to be a thing soon. I mean, c'mon, she's the only major existing MCU villain to make an appearance in Infinity War, and she [SPOILERS REDACTED]. Plus DareDevil and Iron Fist are getting new seasons this year too, so I'm sure there's an ally or villain who can make the jump to MPQ.

I'm still longing for a Fitz/Simmons combo character from Agents of SHIELD, but with the next season pushed back to July 2019 I might be holding my breath for a long time. Or I suppose they could make a good support for an Agent May...
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mysterio is the villain for Spider-Man: Far from Home so he's a sure thing... but we'll have to wait for that movie's release. The Fox acquisition is still months away from official ratification (lot of dotting Is and Ts to come) due to the size and complexity of that deal, so don't expect any Marvel Studios productions of those characters to see screens for at least 2 years. We could still see Cable or other mutants, it just won't be the movie versions of those characters. And while the relationship between Sony and Marvel/Disney seems at least cooperative, the only tangible results has been on Spider-Man. I don't expect any tie-ins for Venom, Morbius, Black Cat, Silver Sable, or any of the other goofy projects Sony seems to go back and forth on.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Mysterio is the villain for Spider-Man: Far from Home so he's a sure thing.
    I remember when Vulture was confirmed for Homecoming I was like "Eh!? How the heck are they going to make that old fart a compelling villain?" and hoo boy Vulture could be one of my favourite villain designs in the whole MCU.

Mysterio is already one of my fave Spider Man villains...I hope they don't botch him.
    Sometimes you get Michael Keaton in a robot vulture suit, and sometimes you get Paul Giamotti in a robot Rhino suit lol.

There are a lot of interesting mutant projects looming, so to that end I'd love to see more weird Liefeld-verse characters like Shatterstar, Domino, and Cable. 
  • Tensuun
    Tensuun Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Princess Powerful from Runaways would be my bet, though they could pull a Gert and Old Lace combo or Old Lace with Gert acting as the required support for that duo...

With Spider-Geddon happening soon, I'm sure there's some webslinger that hasn't been featured that will make their way to MPQ... Possibly Silk or Spider-Ham (Spider-Ham being a rare character, like Devil Dinosaur and Howard the Duck). 

They might try to nab another slot in the Sinister Six, seeing as we have Kraven, Vulture, Doc Ock, Green Goblin and Venom, they're just a hat trick away from announcing Mysterio, even if he is dead in the comics... 

Who are we still missing from Young Avengers? 

I'd be surprised if Cable doesn't finally arrive in some capacity for the 5-year reunion of MPQ, as he's high up on the most requested character list.
    +1 to another Runaways character being likely, though I'd (pessimistically) bet on Victor "Chase" Stein being the playable character, and Karolina Dean being released as a Support who can be equipped to anyone as long as it's Nico Minoru.

Peter Porker, the Amazing Spider-Ham, would be a fantastic limited/joke character. I don't have a good sense of how popular Silk actually is as a character; was her comic considered successful? I wanted to like her, but her first several appearances were...not to my taste, so I didn't end up following her comic or getting invested in its success.

If we're looking to expand the Sinister Six further before Far From Home, Scorpion is a frequent member, though he should be mutually-exclusive with 1-star Venom and not with other Venoms, which might introduce a new layer of logical complexity in the team draft mechanics. Mister Negative is a member in the Sony game, and he's pretty neat and overlaps frequently with Cloak & Dagger and Iron Fist.

From Young Avengers, I think we are "missing" Patriot, Speed, Kang, Stature, and... Sigurd? Was he ever actually an official member? To be honest, Sigurd's the only one I have even a slight interest in actually seeing in a game, but it won't like, personally insult me if some other characters make it in too.

If we get a playable Cable, we'll probably end up with Bishop as a support who can be equipped to anyone as long as it's Cable. I'll halfheartedly open tokens until I get 1 Cable so I can do his Essential.

In comics, Sentry is back after some shenanigans between Dr. Strange and Loki, and The Void is back, too. Sentry and The Void both bore me to tears, but I suppose it's possible we could see a five-star Sentry with a Void transformation mechanic in MPQ someday.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scorpion showed up in homecoming as something of a cameo to comic nerds in the audience. I'm assuming he'll have a more prominant role in the sequel. It does feel like they want to do something sinister sixy, maybe.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    I’m still surprised that they didn’t do any tie-in with Deadpool 2, regardless of the relationship with Fox.

Cable needs to be a 5* and there is a glaring space with no 5* Deadpool. 

Question: would you be able to run Thanos (Josh Brolin) and Cable (Josh Brolin) on the same team? 
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,762 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Almost certain that we'll get more Netflix Defenders when those series return, maybe a Misty/Colleen double-act? And some love for Agents of SHIELD would be appreciated: I could get behind a Lockjaw-type character where every power is a different agent.

Nebula should have been in the game by now, but I can see her get passed over by Mantis instead.

Still waiting for Black Cat (not much chance) and Mysterio (Sinister Six might happen), other Spidey characters would also be welcome: Spider-Ham or JJJ as the next Anniversary character?

I'm still hoping that Galactus will be the big boss in the next Marvel team-up (this time including the FF and possibly X-Men), so some extra FF characters would be welcome in MPQ, especially Namor and a great Doom version.
  • IceyOne
    IceyOne Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Is there anyway we can get Longshot with his classic mullet?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    They could add Legion and Shadow King.  I think Legion is the only Marvel television show with zero representation in the game.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,762 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh no...JJJ used "your" instead of "You're?!" that webbed menace must be to blame
    Because poor literacy is KEWL!
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    They could add Legion and Shadow King.  I think Legion is the only Marvel television show with zero representation in the game.
    I think we will get The Lion King before we get The Shadow King.
  • Century
    Century Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    g i v e   u s   s h a d o w c a t
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Probably get a 5* venom and possibly riot who is the villain when the venom movie releases. We already have the Netflix version of fist do maybe we might get the villain of the series steel serpent