5* Loki being used in 3* Loki Lightning Round [Investigating]

DarthDeVo
DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
I ran across a team in the first LR featuring 3* Loki that was actually using the new 5* Loki on the middle slot. 

In the other LRs, we're not allowed to use the same character from a different tier (no G4mora, Hulkbuster, Lumbercap, etc). In fact, if I'm not mistaken, I believe those other rarities are locked for their particular LR.

Is 5* Loki getting a pass during his release window? It doesn't seem so, because he had no boost.

Is this a bug, and should he be locked out?

Or did I stumble across a cheater? Something tells me it wasn't that, because I think their Loki only had the purple power and was at Level 285 (again, with no boosts of any kind). I'd think of you're gonna cheat, you might as well get a fully covered 5* in there, not one with just a single power. 

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    This problem happened with 4ocket came out, and he was usable in one of the events that would otherwise require a 3* rocket, I feel like it was a DDQ 3* required node. Possibly unrelated, but similar symptoms.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    @DarthDeVo
    Hey everybody. Players should not be able to use 5* Loki in place of 3* Loki in that Lightning Round. I've passed this information along to the team. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    This also happened in the first Hero LR after Gamor4 was released. It was hotfixed right away.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm guessing the issue is that, when there's only one variant of a character, it's sufficient to require any variant of that character. As soon as there's two variants, you have to specify which variant you want to require, if you don't want to allow either.

Surprised they haven't gone through all the LR requirements to specifically require each character (instead of any variant) so we don't have this issue in the future.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm guessing the issue is that, when there's only one variant of a character, it's sufficient to require any variant of that character. As soon as there's two variants, you have to specify which variant you want to require, if you don't want to allow either.

Surprised they haven't gone through all the LR requirements to specifically require each character (instead of any variant) so we don't have this issue in the future.
    Considering they haven't updated the LR characters in about 4 years, it shouldn't surprise you.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    When I opened the LR, it threw 5* into the slot without my choosing him.

He has no boost at least.